Telkom R399 deal

Speedster

Honorary Master
Yeah but I think Speedster was lucky enough to get in on the deal when it was still active.... can't order it now it seems.
Correct. I took at the end of Feb when it was still 10/5 in the hope that it'd be bumped up to 25. My gamble paid off.

virtualgeek

I am worried because this is a contract for 12months and if things does not work out then I am stuck. You maybe just had it lucky with the upgrade

Mobus

Tell them you are interest and they must call you. Then when they call, say no you want 25mbps. You saw the ad on their website on monday.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I am worried because this is a contract for 12months and if things does not work out then I am stuck. You maybe just had it lucky with the upgrade
I think you're missing that there aren't any more Openserve 10mbps lines. The ISP has to deliberately slow you down to have any speed below 25mbps.

virtualgeek

Ok I am convinced but now the problem with cancellation of my current service with Axxess. Processed the cancellation and the earliest is end of April. Telkom cannot help me until about 2 weeks before my service is cancelled and therefore I will have to see if the PROMO still runs by that time...

Speedster

Honorary Master
Website still not updated though. Telkom could be a really super company if they just sorted out some really simple basics (i.e. align marketing with product development, spend 2 mins training call centre agents etc)

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

virtualgeek

Website still not updated though. Telkom could be a really super company if they just sorted out some really simple basics (i.e. align marketing with product development, spend 2 mins training call centre agents etc)
It shows 25/5 Mbps now on the website and no longer 10/5 Mbps

MEG101

I remember the days in 2016 where I could only get a 2mbps ADSL Line with all line rental included and 10GB usage allowance and uncapped 12am to 6am everyday for R399 per month.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
I remember the days in 2016 where I could only get a 2mbps ADSL Line with all line rental included and 10GB usage allowance and uncapped 12am to 6am everyday for R399 per month.

That's quite a good deal. I have 5Mb copper with 100Gb soft-cap now for R649....they refuse to trsansfer me to Pure DSL so I cancelled and am awaiting for the last invoice and payment.

Both Afrihost and Vox said that my line is still "active" with Telkom when I tried to order the naked DSL products from them.

MEG101

That's quite a good deal. I have 5Mb copper with 100Gb soft-cap now for R649....they refuse to trsansfer me to Pure DSL so I cancelled and am awaiting for the last invoice and payment.

Both Afrihost and Vox said that my line is still "active" with Telkom when I tried to order the naked DSL products from them.
I also had to cancel the Telkom line completely and applied for Just DSL with Axxess and took the 10mbps Line for R595 per month and are enjoying uncapped unshaped unthrottled internet with no Fup... Yesterday the line was upgraded to 20mbps for the same price as Openserve upgraded all the copper lines for free and Axxess gave speed up grades for free. I am as happy as could be. Twice the speed for the same price!!

Flywheel

Honorary Master
I also had to cancel the Telkom line completely and applied for Just DSL with Axxess and took the 10mbps Line for R595 per month and are enjoying uncapped unshaped unthrottled internet with no Fup... Yesterday the line was upgraded to 20mbps for the same price as Openserve upgraded all the copper lines for free and Axxess gave speed up grades for free. I am as happy as could be. Twice the speed for the same price!!

Can you expand a bit on your post? I cancelled and gave 30-day notice in Dec last year. My last bill will be next week Thurs (18 March). I am going to apply again for the Axxess Just DSL... hopefully Telkom wont oppose the application again!

MEG101

Can you expand a bit on your post? I cancelled and gave 30-day notice in Dec last year. My last bill will be next week Thurs (18 March). I am going to apply again for the Axxess Just DSL... hopefully Telkom wont oppose the application again!
I had the 2mbps Telkom ASDL line for many years and it was upgraded later on to 4mbps with 100GB soft cap and it stayed like that for many years because 4mbps was the only speed the exchange supported at the time. Later Openserve upgraded the exchange to support 10mbps and higher. When Naked DSL was released I was told that it was not yet available to me, so I stayed on the service I had. I checked many times on the Axxess website and finally Just DSL was available and I placed my order, and got a call from Openserve informing me the technician will call me to arrange installation date. I immediately cancelled all Telkom services including line and data as I do not need the voice part. Never used it. Technician phoned me, came next day and installed the line and connected modem and said I must check every few days if line comes on an working. About 3 days later internet was working and I enjoyed fast internet with Axxess. Now with the speed upgrades on Openserve, I enjoy 20 mbps line for R595. I would suggest cancelling all your Telkom services and re apply for Just DSL with Axxess. Also speed is dependent what your local Exchange can handle. 5 mbps 275 10 mbps R395 20mbps R595 and 40mbps R745. Good luck I hope you are sorted soon!!