Telkom refusing to give me cancellation penalty fee..?

Trent242

Spend my morning trying to find out how much it would cost to cancel my Telkom LTE contract.
I'm stuck in a contract after being migrated from DSL. Contract only ending in November 2021.

After a terrible runaround, I managed to speak to someone, whom advised me that they cannot tell me what the penalty fees would be for early cancellation of my contract. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

She literally told me "Yes" when I asked "So I must wait to see the surprise amount that I get billed when the contract is cancelled."

Any advice?

Trent242

I tried the Online Chat....

"Please be advised that if you are on a 24 month contract and you request to cancel your services during your contract period, You will be liable for penalty fees. Unfortunately I am not able to provide you with the penalty fee cost. The cost is calculated only once the cancellation order is being processed"

OCP

Expert Member
Whatever they charge will be worth it just to get rid of them ;-)

JustAsk

Expert Member
Take the cost of whatever you got FREE...router, delivery, installation?...and divide by 2. That'll give you a ball park figure for the remaining 12 months. Then initiate the cancellation.

Last edited:

Antelope

Kindly reply here when you get any more information.

I want to know how much they would charge to cancel a 24 month data sim only contract.

ronnie_94

They advised me about R870 when I canceled but I am yet to see it on my bill.

clickingbuttons

Telkom is a truly horrible company man. I got messed over so bad by them years ago I swore to myself never again.

With that being said openserve is installing fiber in my vumatel trenched area... I think I might be tempted by some packages on this FNO :D

ronald911

Expert Member
Telkom is a truly horrible company man. I got messed over so bad by them years ago I swore to myself never again.

With that being said openserve is installing fiber in my vumatel trenched area... I think I might be tempted by some packages on this FNO :D

Although Openserve is pretty much owned by Telkom, you have to remember, Openserve =/= Telkom.

As a consumer, you'll almost never deal with Openserve directly, except perhaps with installation or something physically with the infrastructure.

Otherwise, stay away from Telkom as an ISP.