Telkom reveals mobile termination rate retail price pass through plans

Tomasz-London

So what exactly did ICASA do for us? Since We are the Guavamint and We own Telkom why can't We enforce the changes? Elections are coming up, please go and vote! :)

ebudae

Why does ICASA always have to drop the bloody ball? What is the point of forcing everyone to lower termination rates when you aren't going to force them to pass those savings on to consumers? Then was the force in rate reduction really about the consumer or was it, as I suspected all along, really about 8ta? was this all really just about getting cheaper interconnect fees for Telkom's new baby?

simbao53

So what exactly did ICASA do for us? Since We are the Guavamint and We own Telkom why can't We enforce the changes? Elections are coming up, please go and vote! :)

Too much Government stake in Telkom, that's why things will never improve. Clearing the government (ICASA included) enjoys profits from Telkom's exploited client's.

Vince0

I see wholesale VOIP rates with much higher charges to CellC and 8ta networks than Vodacom/MTN. So much for a level playing field - supposedly because the smaller networks need a helping hand from government.

Aces

This may be the end of the LCR industry. Is there any margin for the LCR industry to continue. Plus the customer can still use the Supreme Call package from Telkom.

guest2013-1

So they're going to drop the rates again, but this time they're letting us know we're being shafted and won't see the savings... all to line their own pockets?

why the **** do we even HAVE regulators? I'm really inclined to go to the consumer protection board and show them this article and saying "look, they're admitting they're not going to pass the savings onto the consumer, thus deliberately overcharging us, do something"

Cost Conscious

Which all goes to confirm that government has to regulate if it wants to reduced prices. Making it optional is hilarious.

For those who like to knock Neotel - well I pay 0.95c to call cell phones during the day and 0.85c off-peak. Haha! :D

guest2013-1

Which all goes to confirm that government has to regulate if it wants to reduced prices. Making it optional is hilarious.

For those who like to knock Neotel - well I pay 0.95c to call cell phones during the day and 0.85c off-peak. Haha! :D

At least I have a stable internet connection I can rely on...

Tick

Why does ICASA always have to drop the bloody ball? What is the point of forcing everyone to lower termination rates when you aren't going to force them to pass those savings on to consumers? Then was the force in rate reduction really about the consumer or was it, as I suspected all along, really about 8ta? was this all really just about getting cheaper interconnect fees for Telkom's new baby?

Because ICASA is all about pretending to do something, offering lip service to minor sideline issues like interconnect fees or number portability while ignoring the elephant in the room and doing nothing about major issues keeping prices high.

ICASA = government, Telkom = owned by government - they aren't about to do something to castrate their own cash cow.

nexxus

"ahahaha, there will be no saving for you silly peasants." And then she did throw back her head in an over dramatic fashion, and cackled manically before telling an underling to dance for her amusement.

Shayd

Expert Member
Why all the hate? They have said they will send through 50 to 70 percent of the reduction of the mtr. Vodacom and Mtn are doing zip. Hell even our beloved cell c has not made a sound.

I hate telkom as much as the next guy but lets not get irrational guys.

Sent from my apple stomping, berry crushing droid! Samsung Galaxy S.

MickeyD

RIP
Why all the hate? They have said they will send through 50 to 70 percent of the reduction of the mtr. Vodacom and Mtn are doing zip. Hell even our beloved cell c has not made a sound.

I hate telkom as much as the next guy but lets not get irrational guys.
And don't forget about all those operators who did NOT pass on the savings in the first round last year...