Telkom says not to panic over shutdown of ADSL

supersunbird

Honorary Master
and who says the thieves wont steal the fibre cables???? somebody will find a market? if they can steal manhole covers, they can steal fibre cables.

They steal metal manhole covers, not concrete or plastic ones, because metal has value.

chrisc

Executive Member
Our shops phone and ADSL stopped in mid-January, no notice at all. Realised after 3 weeks being messed about that it would never be restored

Went for an LTE service from Axxess. Router never delivered and big fight which took 3 months to resolve

Now have Afrihost LTE. 30 mbps down and 5 up. Also got an IP phone. In 6 months this has worked 100% for one week. Incoming calls fine, cannot make outgoing call lasting more than 10 seconds

Was a 4 month battle to get then number ported. Telkom maintain (and still do to this day) that there is a working landline and ASDL. They say we owe R 13400,56 which includes R245,00 interest. Billing want an email to confirm line not required

If I measure the incoming Telkom line voltage, which used to be 52 VDC, it is 8 volts

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
and who says the thieves wont steal the fibre cables???? somebody will find a market? if they can steal manhole covers, they can steal fibre cables.

Fiber, has no value, cheap as crap, can only be vandalized due to dickheads, thinking there is copper cutting and realizing that it is fiber - damage done, who cares, they certainly do not.

Digging trenches to lay fiber, and the equipment they connect to it is expensive. The fiber itself is dirt cheap, by comparison.

Magnum

Expert Member
Telkom has severely deteriorated. ADSL was cut off and my Telkom mobile contract is expiring in 2 months. Guess they will completey lose all the income they generated from me. Had that line for over 40 years.

Kudos Telkom. You have done extremely well. Best company worldwide that has ever existed!

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Hellsbells, Rocketnet are on the ball.

Emailed on Monday about fibre install, and all installed and working today.

Yowza.

STILL trying to get a Telkom cancellation processed... pfffft meh.

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
Dear valued guests, please do not worry about the water lapping at your ankles. Rather listen to the soothing melodies of the band, as you so kindly separate your women and children from the men and join us for a nice evening stroll on the deck. Sincerely yours, management of White Star Line.

CapoPlays

LOL this was done already by a tikkop (Meth Head) , they learned that Fibre Cable had no value, after that there were no more reports of fibre cable theft