• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Telkom Service Cancellation Frustration

Lee203

Apologies if I am posting this in the incorrect place.

I have been trying to cancel my Telkom telephone line and ADSL service since April this year. I phoned Telkom - no success. I have completed the cancellation form and emailed it four times - no success. I have used the online app to request cancellation - no success. The online app now shows the cancellation to have been "requested" but has been showing this message since May and my ADSL and telephone line are still fully functional. I have also tried contacting Telkom social team on Twitter who sent me a link to the online app. So no help there.

In the meantime, I have had to terminate my fibre service as I could not afford to pay both. I will have to pay the activation fee again when I wish to commence with the fibre service.

My neighbour went to the trouble of going to a Telkom shop. He was advised to use the online app as well.

Any ideas of what else I can try to get the service cancelled? Please.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
The online process is the only official way.

Another possible solution is maybe to stop paying it till they cut you off and then try to blacklist you and then you dispute that with your proof of cancellations to the credit bureaus, who will then contact Telkom with the proof. Or maybe trying to take the CEO to the small claims court.

Last edited:

ozziej

I had the same experience with this bunch of crooks. Speak to Georgina, she is the IOL consumer activist.
Consumer@inl.co.za

Two hours after emailing her, I got a very apologetic phone call from a manager at Telkom

cyberbob1979

Expert Member
I got mine cancelled by taking that form to a telkom shop and standing there until they updated their system with the cancellation. 2 months afterwards, the final invoice came through and I was rid of them for good.

That was 2 years ago.

Saw the article that "Telkom systems are down" yesterday so best to go into a shop this weekend or on Monday when they sort their stuff out and stand there to get it done... don't take no for an answer

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I got mine cancelled by taking that form to a telkom shop and standing there until they updated their system with the cancellation. 2 months afterwards, the final invoice came through and I was rid of them for good.

That was 2 years ago.

Saw the article that "Telkom systems are down" yesterday so best to go into a shop this weekend or on Monday when they sort their stuff out and stand there to get it done... don't take no for an answer
The cancellation process is online now, only online:

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...new-process-for-cancelling-contracts-14818919

One gets a ref nr and everything. Then one can probably escalate that ref.

Lee203

The online process it the only official way.

Another possible solution is maybe to stop paying it till they cut you off and then try to blacklist you and then you dispute that with your proof of cancellations to the credit bureaus, who will then contact Telkom with the proof. Or maybe trying to take the CEO to the small claims court.
Thanks for this Supersunbird. I have considered not paying my account and waiting for a collections agency to phone me. I think if none of the solutions proposed here achieve cancellation of my service, then I have no option but to stop paying. Thanks again.

Lee203

That was 2 years ago.

Thanks Cyberbob1979. I had imagined going to the store and chaining myself to a chair until someone resolved the issue. Quite honestly, I'm almost at that level of frustration. Thanks again.

Sadly, your not alone in this! Ive hello peter'd them repeatedly ive got maybe 10 ref numbers by now with no one getting back to me, cancelled my line back in march and they still billing me, despite even a tech phoning me saying they coming to cut it in may they still didnt, im ending up with a huge bill and im just refusing to pay, i try call they cut my calls, i try live chat they cut my chats, i email and no response. F**k telkom seriously

Dirtdiver

I cancelled last year, got the cancellation sms and email. It was succesful. I got a call from them i owe R3000 +. For service fees. Lmao. Apparently i did not cancel.

Naumi

Telkom will pay for my legal fees. I will choose the most expensive laywer in this f...ed up country. Barry Roux rules in Telkom's face. :twisted:

Here are some email addresses of f...ing useless Telkom employees:

kiwietgr@telkom.co.za
pathert6@telkom.co.za
schuttmm@telkom.co.za

I have cancelled all Telkom services in December 2017. They still send me invoices. What a creepy company. I was even five times with them on the phone. They asked me questions why I want to cancel. One telephone conversation took 30 minutes. Still not solved. The useless board of directors of Telkom shouldn't get a single penny as performance bonus. The last time they paid themselves out about 200 million RAND for the most ridiculous costumer services on the whole African continent. This country is so messed up. Everywhere bull**** and corruption.

F... Telkom, the third world company!

Telkom needs very urgently a competitor. They obviously believe they can f... around with their customers.

Last edited: