Telkom speed checker underrating my speed to exchange

hello.goo

Hi all, didn't want to necro the thread, so for background to what I'm asking about please check out How do i get telkom to upgrade..

Here are my stats:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1024 kbps 512 kbps
Line Attenuation 32.0 db 17.0 db
Noise Margin 27.9 db 14.0 db

My att is a little better than Brian's, would I have a chance of getting my speed upped?
On 1mb at the moment, simply looking to make use of my free upgrade to 2mb

Edit:
Found my exchange using that site, I'm about 2.3km from the exchange

Last edited:

supervegeta41

You could most definitely get a higher speed if you are only 2km away. Plus your line stats seem great. But I think everyone has already been upgraded. Correct me if I am wrong.

cpu.

Expert Member
You could most definitely get a higher speed if you are only 2km away. Plus your line stats seem great. But I think everyone has already been upgraded. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes I was upgraded to 2Mb in November when they did the 4Mb lines. I called to request it on 10210, option 1 then 2.

hello.goo

My problem is same as the OP in the thread I linked to in first post: i.e. adsl checker says:
Maximum speed available in your area 1 Mbps
Your Current Service speed 2 Mbps

So I've already got 2mb account on telkom's database, but , however this was wrong, as I found my exchange on http://broadbandstats.co.za/ and officially it supports up to 4mb lines. Will first try to convince the telkom tech of this before I write a letter to ICASA

Last edited: