Telkom takes 100GB with SIM card removed

Mukondleteri

I have been experiencing an odd issue (a scam to be frank) with my Telkom mobile data since around March this year. At the beginning of each month, on the 1st, Telkom takes over 100GB of my data.

Today (1st of Sept), with my router unplugged and SIM removed, Telkom says I have already used 126GB. And this has been the story for months. I have had to top up to get a good connection for the last few days of each month because of this.

Telkom Dashboard.png

When I get in touch with Telkom to resolve the issue agents say the Telkom dashboard is always accurate and that I must monitor my data usage. I wonder if this is happening for other customers and if it's something I can report to ICASA.

"D"

Expert Member
It also reflects that you have 9.38 Terabytes left over.

(And that you have 9 bundles.)

(And that it reflects combined usage.)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I have been experiencing an odd issue (a scam to be frank) with my Telkom mobile data since around March this year. At the beginning of each month, on the 1st, Telkom takes over 100GB of my data.

Today (1st of Sept), with my router unplugged and SIM removed, Telkom says I have already used 126GB. And this has been the story for months. I have had to top up to get a good connection for the last few days of each month because of this.

View attachment 903096

When I get in touch with Telkom to resolve the issue agents say the Telkom dashboard is always accurate and that I must monitor my data usage. I wonder if this is happening for other customers and if it's something I can report to ICASA.

And you use up the 9TB (~ 9000GB) the rest of the month and run out of data and have to purchase more?

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
It also reflects that you have 9.38 Terabytes left over.

(And that you have 9 bundles.)

(And that it reflects combined usage.)
Yep problem he will be throttled to 2/1.5Mbps for the rest of those 9 terabytes.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Is this the uncapped package?
How do you even get 1TB to use on Telkom mobile?
Don't you know these telkom "uncapped" packages? Since 2017/8 I think. Earlier deals were throttled to 300GB. Recently to 150GB like me. And you can never clock 1TB in one month unless they fail to throttle you.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Don't you know these telkom "uncapped" packages? Since 2017/8 I think. Earlier deals were throttled to 300GB. Recently to 150GB like me. And you can never clock 1TB in one month unless they fail to throttle you.
I know of the one you use. Never knew about the pevious ones and what the data allocation was. I was using Voda during that time period.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I know of the one you use. Never knew about the pevious ones and what the data allocation was. I was using Voda during that time period.
Seemingly he was an early bird. They sold them @ R599 for the first 1000 customers and then R799 and R899 I think. They've since reduced the FUP.