Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

cavedog

Honorary Master
In all the time I've been haunting the Telkom wireless forum on MyBB, I've never ever heard of anyone's uncapped wireless going up from R599 to R725. Ever.
Me too. The people that will be paying are as follows:

R599 > R525 after 24 months
R699 > R625 after 24 months
R799 > R725 after 24 months

So it just depends what deal you got.

I remember when this deal launched @ R599 people were like NOOOOO contracts :sick: I will wait for a better deal. I have yet to see a better deal than this especially now @ R525 and the fact that LTE-A coverage boomed.

Glad every fought back when they introduced the throttling. At least 300GB is somewhat acceptable for a R525 package.

Last edited:

SFW007

Expert Member
Me too. The people that will be paying are as follows:

R599 > R525 after 24 months
R699 > R625 after 24 months
R799 > R725 after 24 months

So it just depends what deal you got.

I remember when this deal launched @ R599 people were like NOOOOO contracts :sick: I will wait for a better deal. I have yet to see a better deal than this especially now @ R525 and the fact that LTE-A coverage boomed.

Glad every fought back when they introduced the throttling. At least 300GB is somewhat acceptable for a R525 package.
+1

dotcat

I see now 3g is supported if LTE goes down.

Telkom Mobile 3G failover shall only be supported as a failover measure in instances where the LTE network is down and it must be stressed that the SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless service is a fixed wireless service which must be used in a fixed location and not for mobility.

FlashSA

Executive Member
I see now 3g is supported if LTE goes down.

Telkom Mobile 3G failover shall only be supported as a failover measure in instances where the LTE network is down and it must be stressed that the SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless service is a fixed wireless service which must be used in a fixed location and not for mobility.
AFAIR those terms always existed but my 4 have never been able to access 3G when LTE has died

under_sky

Yep. I think it’s a general problem in the area. Switched my phone to LTE (normally on 3G because of battery drain on LTE) and speeds are also hitting the 10mbps mark. Hopefully it gets sorted out by the weekend :-/
I have been getting great speeds but just sold my package off this week.

jman

Expert Member
Lol dudes are desperate to take over these deals. I'll keep mine thanks. R525 for 300gb LTE is a great deal

RVR

Is this LTE Uncapped deal available in all areas that has Telkom LTE coverage or only in certain areas ?
Doesn't matter, as long as you have telkom LTE tower around actually can even be a quiet distance.

It showed I had no coverage but still got it and it worked.