Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

nemisiz

been running pingplotter , during the day have about 0.4% packet loss , and between 7pm and 12:00pm packet loss shoots up to 7-9%.
yet ping in the game stays perfect , only in heavy action moments i get lag , it is some damn frustrating playing like that.

will have to log a ticket with Telkom , just how fun this ticket is going to be to explain.

RVR

I'm also experiencing slow speeds at night. During the day I reach around 20-30mbps...

However I can't complain considering I can't find anything better than this deal

VicB

Can anybody confirm whether normal torrents are throttled during peak hours? I don't use torrents at all, but was trying to watch an acestream, which apparently uses torrent technology. It was crawling and basically unwatchable. I get 50-60mbps off peak, and 30-40mbps during peak hours so I know my connection was fine.

shanezn

Expert Member
Got the same call alst night and the guy was pretty adamant that the price cannot be guaranteed if you don't sign up to another contract blah blah.blah blah. i also am in NO need of a wifi extender or LIT box so they can do one.
Ignore them. They cannot cancel or downgrade/upgrade without written consent on the application form. Mine went on month-month automatically from this month. Was paying R599, now paying R525.

tefago

still one epic deal for LTE , gaming as been abit hit and miss lately , but still touching 12Mbps , massive drop from when i got it at 70mpbs , but still beats the 2mbps adsl i can get in my area.
Yes true. I had some issues last night, but generally pretty happy.

Unpopular Prawn

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but when my LTE goes snail slow, I do a reboot of the router (B315). When it comes back on, the LTE light is red. It does not matter what I do, but for the next 45mins to an hour, I cannot receive LTE access. If I change the router to Auto, I can get 3G on reboot, but nothing on LTE. Thus I am loathed to reboot my router because I cannot connect for an hour thereafter. And this entails me rebooting after 10mins etc. I have logged with Telkom, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

jman

Expert Member
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but when my LTE goes snail slow, I do a reboot of the router (B315). When it comes back on, the LTE light is red. It does not matter what I do, but for the next 45mins to an hour, I cannot receive LTE access. If I change the router to Auto, I can get 3G on reboot, but nothing on LTE. Thus I am loathed to reboot my router because I cannot connect for an hour thereafter. And this entails me rebooting after 10mins etc. I have logged with Telkom, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Had this the other day. Just rebooted again and light turned turquoise again

cAfstA

Same here.

I did find though that changing the frequency from 2300 to 1800 it would then connect again and have the turquoise light again.

But yeah for the past month to 2 months every night from about 18:00 the connection is just so bad. Weekends as well at certain times. I'm guessing the tower I'm at has become congested though I could be wrong.