Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't stay in Equestria otherwise I might have seen you on Grindr :sneaky: but back on topic that latency suggest tower congestion.

rodga

Executive Member
Would this router be better than the B315s-936?
I don't think you can use a normal phone plugged into it for voip. Used to be electric to do that with my B315. The b525 doesn't have the option in the menu to input any settings.

Method

Executive Member
I don't stay in Equestria otherwise I might have seen you on Grindr :sneaky: but back on topic that latency suggest tower congestion.
LOL!

Yeah I reported it to Telkom. Not that it will help :notworthy:

I don't think you can use a normal phone plugged into it for voip. Used to be electric to do that with my B315. The b525 doesn't have the option in the menu to input any settings.
I don't use a phone plugged into my router. I have wifi :p

FlashSA

Executive Member
Just got a B525. Going to set it up this evening. I see it has place to screw external antenna on but does not come with the antenna in the box. I suppose I can screw on my B315 ears.

To the guys running a B525, do the external antenna make much difference. @cavedog ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just got a B525. Going to set it up this evening. I see it has place to screw external antenna on but does not come with the antenna in the box. I suppose I can screw on my B315 ears.

To the guys running a B525, do the external antenna make much difference. @cavedog ?
I did not do much research on the B525 so not sure if it's a 4x4 mimo router or not. Best way would be to test and see how it works out. :)

FlashSA

Executive Member
Added my B315's bunny ears to my new B525. Night time congestion speed has doubled from what I was getting with the B315 router. 5G wifi also working better for my Mi Box.

Good upgrade for R1000 (Gumtree steal)

cavedog

Honorary Master
The guy can't even pronounce the name right... :rolleyes: It's supposed to be Whaway.......

cavedog

Honorary Master
This router will be about the same as the B618. The B618 might be better with it's 4x4 mimo on a single lte band but I think if you put them next to each other they will pretty much perform the same on LTE-A.

Just saw the B525 for sale on gumtree for R500. What a steal.

FlashSA

Executive Member
i was going to buy a HUAWEI B525 from a dude and he leaves his ad up on Gumtree but he sold it to someone else
I bought from a lady in Fourways.

Wifi coverage on the B525 is strange. The 5ghz AP consistently gives 1-2 bars less signal on my Xiaomi than the 2.4ghz AP. Any idea why?

StoneCold

Expert Member

I bought from a lady in Fourways.

Wifi coverage on the B525 is strange. The 5ghz AP consistently gives 1-2 bars less signal on my Xiaomi than the 2.4ghz AP. Any idea why?
5Ghz radio waves are much shorter (and less susceptible to interference) than 2.4Ghz ones (if I'm not mistaken). I get the same result on my Xiaomi and my dual band router.

Speedster

Executive Member
5Ghz radio waves are much shorter (and less susceptible to interference) than 2.4Ghz ones (if I'm not mistaken). I get the same result on my Xiaomi and my dual band router.
You mean more susceptible? 2.4ghz travels better / further