Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

cavedog

Honorary Master
on the uncapped contracts do they give you RSRP -75 RSRQ -10 RSSI -51 SINR 30 with the insternal antennas
Signal stats will depend on how far you are from the tower. So each person will have different stats and each network different stats too depending on where their towers are. Speeds will vary depending on how many people use the same tower at the same time.

Super_Sonic

Signal stats will depend on how far you are from the tower. So each person will have different stats and each network different stats too depending on where their towers are. Speeds will vary depending on how many people use the same tower at the same time.
yeah i know i know everything about LTE

ProAsm

Expert Member
Actually thats why I have not gone for fibre because if I do I need at least 100 Mbps to compete with my LTE.
We'll stick around for a while and see what 5G brings before I think about fibre.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Actually thats why I have not gone for fibre because if I do I need at least 100 Mbps to compete with my LTE.
We'll stick around for a while and see what 5G brings before I think about fibre.
Exactly. The speeds I'm getting on Telkom LTE-A I would need to stay on 200Mbps to not experience a downgrade in speed.

So R529 with 300GB FUP though but speeds of between 150Mbps - 165Mbps
R1749 for 200Mbps fibre line uncapped.

So Even if I take the line only option to compete with the LTE-A on price it's not possible because the Openserve 200Mbps line only is R829. So yeah the R529 deal is still unbeatable especially when you get high speeds.

ebrahim786

I'm really hitting new highs with Telkom LTE-A in a B618s-65d..... Wow

Maybe I should drop my fibre and move back to my uncapped LTE-A :unsure::laugh:

View attachment 683453

View attachment 683455
Fantastic, mine has increased to around 87Mbps down which I’m happy with... Just anted to know if the torrent limit of 50gig per month is still effective? - haven’t tested it for years.

Fox1

Expert Member
Can anyone here explain what kind of phone I would need to make use of the free 300 minutes with the Uncapped LTE from Telkom?

Super_Sonic

let me explain what you do is get a RJ11 cable and hook it up to a telephone and put it in the back of your Huawei Router and even though its 3G its very good quality phone calls through a LTE router but it will be a 3G call. Voice Over LTE is not available yet on LTE Routers. hopefully in the future vodacom Telkom MTN will support VOLTE on the Huawei Routers

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah Telkom is being silly. They should just enable VoLTE already. You hook up a normal landline phone and then make calls as if it was a landline but for it to work currently when you have it forced to 4G Only it won't work. It needs to be on 3G/4G Auto mode so as soon as you make a call it will drop the connection to 3G but then your data will probably also drop that is why VoLTE is actually so nice.

Fox1

Expert Member
Thanks for the heads up but why is it such that someone I know who has this Huawei router and a telephone hooked up to it can only make out calls but can't receive calls? The tone just makes an engaged sound when I try calling them.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks for the heads up but why is it such that someone I know who has this Huawei router and a telephone hooked up to it can only make out calls but can't receive calls? The tone just makes an engaged sound when I try calling them.
Probably 4G only mode or on auto when a data connection is active the Huawei router maybe does not want to drop the data connection so the call does not go through. VoLTE should solve all these issues if Telkom just get their act together