Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

Mobster

I have a Original R599 telkom uncapped contract, willing to transfer to someone in PE who can go to the telkom shop with me, its too complicated for someone out of town who I dont know/trust. Send me a PM

Preferably you should already have a telkom account as it makes it a lot quicker.
Pm'd you ill take it over

Woemer001

Can someone help me If got and telkom lit tv box and uncapped wifi but my tv box whene i set it up it work but after an few days my tv box do not work can some one help me

Cactus

Can someone help me If got and telkom lit tv box and uncapped wifi but my tv box whene i set it up it work but after an few days my tv box do not work can some one help me
What does "does not work" mean?
The lit device doesn't turn on?
The TV doesn't recognize the source?
The Internet connection to the device is not working?

Can't help if you're not specific

Cactus

Results this morning

Seems a lot of people are on holiday. Speeds dropped quite a bit last night to about 20-30Mbit from the usual 40-50Mbit on the B618

Reactions: Yuu

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Slowly getting fed up with Telkom, probably not long before I throw my toys out the cot and cancel everything I have with them, they are abysmally pathetic. They moving every one to LTE, and LTE is just not cutting it anymore.

No fiber in sight ... :(

Cactus

Slowly getting fed up with Telkom, probably not long before I throw my toys out the cot and cancel everything I have with them, they are abysmally pathetic. They moving every one to LTE, and LTE is just not cutting it anymore.

No fiber in sight ... :(
Same boat as you

Cactus

B525's are quite commonplace down here in PE, but ideally I would need to get a B618-65d as they have the best frequency band support for Telkom. They are scarce as hen's teeth though
I only found one - on Takealot https://www.takealot.com/huawei-b618-lte-wifi-router/PLID54545741
I see it's gone up in price - again.

It might not actually be worthwhile to get a 65d. In my case, a 22d would've performed just as good as I don't often need to use band 40 (65d)

PM incoming..

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I only found one - on Takealot https://www.takealot.com/huawei-b618-lte-wifi-router/PLID54545741
I see it's gone up in price - again.

It might not actually be worthwhile to get a 65d. In my case a 22d would've performed just as good as Idon't often need to use band 40 (56d)

PM incoming..
I trialled a 22d model a couple of weekends ago, but the difference wasn't major. I tried fiddling with the bands and the location and still had no improvement. I guess the only benefit that I saw was that it had 5GHz wireless but I already have a Unifi AP so I don't need it.

I don't mean to sound picky, the B618-22d is definitely a better router than the B315 BUT - it would be money thrown away as it would not net me any speed increase at all.

Takealot's pricing is way out of line, but it is quite a powerful router overall and a pricey one at that. I just don't want to take the chance on a R2.5k router for me to gain 1 or 2 mbps speed :(

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Will stick with the B315 for now - sufficient for my needs and I'm stilling getting decent speeds.

hypa456

Nice speed today (B618s-65d)

8871900290.png

even better on fast.com lol

Last edited:

Evo1ve

Anyone know where one could still buy the B315 locally? They are extremely difficult to find online :confused:

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Anyone know where one could still buy the B315 locally? They are extremely difficult to find online :confused:
Your best bet would be your local Gumtree. I've seen some sell for around R500, which isn't too bad considering their original retail price of around ~R1700