Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

Snyper564

Executive Member
Okay I understand you now...

I was under the impression that most of these LTE contracts FUP were amended to the current FUP. Guess I was wrong.

Damn lucky you then bud. Wanna swap
Haha I will never cancel this contract, they contact me every other month trying to get me to upgrade haha nothing beats this

Snyper564

Executive Member
Seems I might have spoken too soon I have never used this amount of data before but it does appear to have finally been throttled, first time in almost 4 years I can live with that

1588020399353.png

Reactions: Yuu

martin

Expert Member
We're all on the amended FUP's as far as I know. I also got it pre FUP (first week of the promotion) and also get throttled but it's not consistent at all. It does happen from time to time but there's a lot of months where I far exceeded the FUP and it remained business as usual. It may be that the FUP is only enforced when the entire product base has exceeded some internal limit or the network is extraordinarily busy.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 18.10.04.png

Well below threshold for the FUP but some very interesting graphing coming out of this. The gaps you see is where service simply "died".

handy_andy

I have Telkom uncapped LTE and according to the app I have already used 45GB and it is only the 4th of the month.

How can I check which devices are using data and how much? I have the B525 router.

I just did a quick Ookla speedtest on my iPhone and I got 42 Mbps download and 15 Mbps upload, although my Explora is saying 7.67 Mbps download speed.

Last month I was throttled down to less than 1 Mbps download but when I called Telkom they couldn't tell me why.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I have Telkom uncapped LTE and according to the app I have already used 45GB and it is only the 4th of the month.

How can I check which devices are using data and how much? I have the B525 router.

I just did a quick Ookla speedtest on my iPhone and I got 42 Mbps download and 15 Mbps upload, although my Explora is saying 7.67 Mbps download speed.

Last month I was throttled down to less than 1 Mbps download but when I called Telkom they couldn't tell me why.
42Mbps and 7.67 MB/s...

RVR

Expert Member
What's the next best alternative to this besides fibre (since its not available here)

My uncapped account has been **** for weeks now and im desperately looking to move. Although I doubt anything comes close to this speeds when it works well for R530.

I just need something for 10mbps or 20mbps around the same prices, seems unlikely although worth finding out.

• Sad

AirWolf

Honorary Master
What's the next best alternative to this besides fibre (since its not available here)

My uncapped account has been **** for weeks now and im desperately looking to move. Although I doubt anything comes close to this speeds when it works well for R530.

I just need something for 10mbps or 20mbps around the same prices, seems unlikely although worth finding out.
Which router?

Skimmie

B315

But honestly I think it's just the towers I'm connecting too...i have no idea what else to do.
Same boat as you... Its just unusable lately. Cancelling at the end of this month once fibre is installed

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I'm on B315 too and getting decent speeds still - of course I stay in a small town.

At the very least, I would test with an LTE-A router like the B618 or B525 before canceling...

AntiThesis

Executive Member
I know I'm trying to apply logic to a logicless animal here but what's the difference between Smart Wireless 1 and Smart Wireless 3?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I know I'm trying to apply logic to a logicless animal here but what's the difference between Smart Wireless 1 and Smart Wireless 3?
I've got one of the original contracts - my invoice says smart wireless 1.

Mobster

Only difference is the price of the contracts original prices were
SmartBroadband Wireless 1 - R599
SmartBroadband Wireless 2 - R699
SmartBroadband Wireless 3 - R799

Now less R70 for the device fee as they are on month to month now

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Only difference is the price of the contracts original prices were
SmartBroadband Wireless 1 - R599
SmartBroadband Wireless 2 - R699
SmartBroadband Wireless 3 - R799

Now less R70 for the device fee as they are on month to month now

Dammit. I was so hoping I could switch one out with the other but looks like they really are the same. Just as terrible :D