Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

Customer1

If You constantly getting good speeds with the uncapped Telkom LTE, why have fibre as well?
Uncapped LTE has a 300GB FUP

Yesterday was the first time ever I was throttled at about 360GB. I had previously done 400GB without being throttled so I guess Telkom is enforcing it now... :cautious: Zoom calls wasn't fun...

Yesterday

Today

Last edited:

prinsroberto

Hi guys.

Long time lurker, first time poster. After battling tower congestion (B525 with an external antenna), about a month ago I noticed a significant boost in speed (from average 15mbps to 60mbps, even > 100mbps early AM) - Band 41 suddenly appeared in my area.

I chalked this up to that additional spectrum Telkom was granted for use during lockdown. Last night, it seemed to have gone offline and I’m back shuffling between 1800mhz, 2100mhz and 2300mhz any insights?

rodga

Executive Member
View attachment 892616
Anyone else getting very low speeds and disconnects on telkom mobile?
I dont know if it was the recent b618 firmware upgrade, load shedding or problems with telkom, but I find since the update (load shedding started the same day) my speeds are super slow and I have to refresh pages just to get them to load.

cAfstA

With the update and change in web browser UI, where do I find the option to change between the 1800 and 2300 frequencies?

rodga

Executive Member
With the update and change in web browser UI, where do I find the option to change between the 1800 and 2300 frequencies?
Network Settings/Mobile Network Searching/Preferred network mode

B3 or B40 on the dropdown list