Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

RVR

Expert Member
I need some help here, for some reason my wifi network shows up then dissapear and sometimes no network at all.

I even did a hard reset...I'm thinking it's probably the router because I tested the sim in my phone and it works fine .

But I'm not entirely sure if it's a Telkom issue or router.

Any suggestion? Not sure what else to do and no else I've seen complained about this issue here

Some errors I got include:

1. Denied network access
2. Couldn't find (my wifi network name)

Last edited:

RVR

Expert Member
I was able to test with a friends router who has the same one (B315) and it works fine!

So it was the actually the router. Not sure if it's possible to fix it

Weird though, not sure whats causing the wifi issue in the router

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Had this for maybe 4 years.

Never been capped.

Never made it to 300GB either :p.

• Haha
Reactions: Yuu

netstrider

Expert Member
I was able to test with a friends router who has the same one (B315) and it works fine!

We had the same at the office some years ago with the B315. Not sure if it's because the router doesn't handle multiple connections that well.

The business owner took the router for himself at home and we're using the B618 at the office now without that problem.

He says the B315 is working fine for him at home though so meh, who knows.

RVR

Expert Member
We had the same at the office some years ago with the B315. Not sure if it's because the router doesn't handle multiple connections that well.

The business owner took the router for himself at home and we're using the B618 at the office now without that problem.

He says the B315 is working fine for him at home though so meh, who knows.
It's definitely not multiple connections but yeah i think internally something is messed up. Unfortunate though, I need to find a cheaper router now.

netstrider

Expert Member
It's definitely not multiple connections but yeah i think internally something is messed up. Unfortunate though, I need to find a cheaper router now.
Yeah, the router was working fine prior to showing those symptoms though.

FlashSA

Executive Member

Had the same issue at our office. Replaced with a B525 router and all is well.

The B315 ran our office for several years before without an issue - the wifi only started giving issues the last few months. Strange!

RVR

Expert Member
Well ****, i just realized that the router im using now (same B315 model) which my cousin gave me doesn't even have the options "2300"/"1800" under network settings.

I don't understand, anyway to get that settings. It's weird that my old router that has the wifi problem has those settings.

Also checked if there's an update and there isn't.

Unless i changed it myself using that toolbox software. Can't remember

Last edited:

RVR

Expert Member
Can someone please guide me on how to get those options again and not just (4G)

Norrad

Expert Member
Can someone please guide me on how to get those options again and not just (4G)
It's probably running old firmware. I initially didn't have the option available until a firmware update a few years back. Some network specific ones simply never get the updates, but they still seem to work ok with other networks' SIMs.

RVR

Expert Member
It's probably running old firmware. I initially didn't have the option available until a firmware update a few years back. Some network specific ones simply never get the updates, but they still seem to work ok with other networks' SIMs.
I check updates on the router page and it says "up to date" so not sure what else to besides manually try and get those options.

RVR

Expert Member
This router doesn't even show the tower IDs under device information like my other router even though its the same B315 model... Really frustrating

Weird why this same exact B315 doesn't even show cell ids, snr like old router.

Last edited:

netstrider

Expert Member
This router doesn't even show the tower IDs under device information like my other router even though its the same B315 model... Really frustrating

Weird why this same exact B315 doesn't even show cell ids, snr like old router.
I've been searching for Huawei router firmware as well, seems impossible to find.

In the meantime you can get those stats and band settings via the app HuaCtrl.

RVR

Expert Member
Is there really no way to lock onto a tower?

For the first time in years this one tower is actually giving me around 20-30mbps.. I've been testing for like 30 mins.

Could be just a fluke and will probably go bad in the evening but still would be nice to connect to that tower only.

RVR

Expert Member
So I've noticed that my last two numbers in the CELL IDs change but the rest are the same.

It bounces between 3 cell IDs... Only one is giving great speed.

Im guessing there's no way to actually point it directly if it's the same tower...