Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

Kiemo

Expert Member
So I've noticed that my last two numbers in the CELL IDs change but the rest are the same.

It bounces between 3 cell IDs... Only one is giving great speed.

Im guessing there's no way to actually point it directly if it's the same tower...
Honestly you need a Antenna if I’m correct

check with @cavedog

Kiemo

Expert Member
So I've noticed that my last two numbers in the CELL IDs change but the rest are the same.

It bounces between 3 cell IDs... Only one is giving great speed.

Im guessing there's no way to actually point it directly if it's the same tower...
@jbroo help this guy

Peon

Expert Member
My apologies for going off topic with this one. Do any of you have a B315 for sale or wish to sell? If so please msg me.

Kiemo

Expert Member
My apologies for going off topic with this one. Do any of you have a B315 for sale or wish to sell? If so please msg me.

Peon

Expert Member
There's one on carb for R700. Support the MyBB community if i can.

Reactions: Yuu

RVR

Expert Member
Any other tower ? Maybe ...

Changing bands on all towers and see what works ?
Just that tower, but there's another one by moving the antenna to the back yard but I need a contractor etc to put it up, theres some good towers apparently that side. But it's not easy job considering how high up to go etc.

Telkom didn't send one to me when I got the deal.

Kiemo

Expert Member
Just that tower, but there's another one by moving the antenna to the back yard but I need a contractor etc to put it up, theres some good towers apparently that side. But it's not easy job considering how high up to go etc.

Telkom didn't send one to me when I got the deal.
Then see who can help you get this antenna fixed up ...

diesel

Expert Member
Hi

So heres a little review on my experience with the Telkom 1TB LTE deal.

Saturday 21st Nov i went to the local telkom store to apply for the 1TB deal , I was told the deal is exclusively an online deal and need to apply online , I did the online application that same day.

Monday 23rd i received a call from the sales agent to setup the account.
Wednesday 25th i was debited the initial R999 , Friday i received my Sim card from the courier. I decided to take the sim to the telkom store to do the Fica to avoid any delay , the store assistant checked the profile and told me the sim was already active.

Back at the office i plugged in my B818 router and tested the connection , the speed test reached approx 30mbs.

Later that day i got home and did another speed test and only got around 12mbs - 20mbs, the speeds seem very inconsistent and multiple speed tests were all around 10mbs - 20mbs.

I changed the Bands and found i get the best results using the B40 - 2300mhz band , approx 30-40mbs.

I am not impressed at all with the telkom LTE network, when i do a speedtest on my vodacom cellphone using 4g i get around 90mbs, I am almost certain telkom is throttling the speeds.

I am going to find a decent omni directional external antenna and set that up to see if i get better speeds but im not very hopeful at this stage.

netstrider

Expert Member
Hi

So heres a little review on my experience with the Telkom 1TB LTE deal.

Saturday 21st Nov i went to the local telkom store to apply for the 1TB deal , I was told the deal is exclusively an online deal and need to apply online , I did the online application that same day.

Monday 23rd i received a call from the sales agent to setup the account.
Wednesday 25th i was debited the initial R999 , Friday i received my Sim card from the courier. I decided to take the sim to the telkom store to do the Fica to avoid any delay , the store assistant checked the profile and told me the sim was already active.

Back at the office i plugged in my B818 router and tested the connection , the speed test reached approx 30mbs.

Later that day i got home and did another speed test and only got around 12mbs - 20mbs, the speeds seem very inconsistent and multiple speed tests were all around 10mbs - 20mbs.

I changed the Bands and found i get the best results using the B40 - 2300mhz band , approx 30-40mbs.

I am not impressed at all with the telkom LTE network, when i do a speedtest on my vodacom cellphone using 4g i get around 90mbs, I am almost certain telkom is throttling the speeds.

I am going to find a decent omni directional external antenna and set that up to see if i get better speeds but im not very hopeful at this stage.
Chances are Telkom has many subscribers in your area.

Here where I'm at with the B818 I get between 70-140Mbps, most commonly about 110Mbps.

• Love

diesel

Expert Member

Here where I'm at with the B818 I get between 70-140Mbps, most commonly about 110Mbps.

I guess , i would be happy with speeds like yours.

Just placed an order for an external antenna , hopefully that gives me better speeds.

Will post my results

Dretastic06

That B818 is a beast though, i was told the tower by me was over subcribed then i used my aunts address. I currently get between 30-50 down with huawei b525. Sometimes it burst to like 80-100.

• Love

netstrider

Expert Member
That B818 is a beast though, i was told the tower by me was over subcribed then i used my aunts address. I currently get between 30-50 down with huawei b525. Sometimes it burst to like 80-100.
It is, diesel has a B818 though so it's a like-for-like comparison.

Only difference then is Telkom in the area.

Mobster

Have one of the original Uncapped LTE contracts for R530 per month that i dont need anymore.
If anyone is interested in taking it over Message me. Will cancel it on the 4th if nobody is keen.

Last edited:

AlexFl

Have one of the original Uncapped LTE contracts for R530 per month that i dont need anymore.
If anyone is interested in taking it over Message me. Will cancel it on the 5th if nobody is keen.
Hi. My Mom needs something. Seems you have same as I have. Are you perhaps including the modem/router?