Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

diesel

Expert Member
So a little update on my 1TB Telkom experience.

Using my B818 with the internal antenna i was only getting around 10 -20mbs , by moving the router to the another are in the house i managed to hit highs of 30mbs but that would totally screw up my wifi network signal for my devices.

Totally unsatisfied with the speeds and stability of my signal I purchased the Poynting XPOL-2-5G antenna and installed it yesterday , I have to say the antenna has doubled if not tripled my speeds.

I had to constantly adjust the direction of the antenna and test individual band settings but at the end i managed to hit a record speed of 73,1mbs dl using the B40-2300mhz + B3-1800mhz combination setting. I am now conistently getting a minimum of around 35-40mbs with highs of 70mbs.

The antenna was not cheap but without it this LTE would be a disaster for me.

Reactions: Yuu

Yuu

Executive Member
..........snip

The antenna was not cheap but without it this LTE would be a disaster for me.
Where did you get this antenna and how much you paid? Really glad you found a solution :notworthy:

Kiemo

Expert Member
Have one of the original Uncapped LTE contracts for R530 per month that i dont need anymore.
If anyone is interested in taking it over Message me. Will cancel it on the 4th if nobody is keen.
Did you manage to get someone

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Anybody looking take over my contract R600 a month.

Getting mine back soon, friend does not need it anymore

cAfstA

So firstly I'm trying to figure out how to connect/stay connected to a certain tower.
In the first pic is the closer tower to me but I'm trying to connect to the tower in the second pic. It's a bit further but I do suspect there is less connected to it than the closer one.

The reason is that the closer tower I get dl speeds of between 20 and 30Mbps where as with the other tower I get speeds between 70 and 85Mbps.

I put up an external aerial but even with me pointing it to the further tower it seems to stay connected to the closer tower. This is all assumptions as I've not checked the connection/tower number when it's connected - I just realized this now.

Anyway does anyone have an idea as to what I can do?
15501c01197bd94ba274543c110c727b.jpg
1150ca6254e852ea1b5218f7caec5bd2.jpg

Lucas Buck

Executive Member
Anyone else experiencing intermittent LTE disconnections? It's been happening the past few days.

netstrider

Expert Member
So firstly I'm trying to figure out how to connect/stay connected to a certain tower.
In the first pic is the closer tower to me but I'm trying to connect to the tower in the second pic. It's a bit further but I do suspect there is less connected to it than the closer one.

The reason is that the closer tower I get dl speeds of between 20 and 30Mbps where as with the other tower I get speeds between 70 and 85Mbps.

I put up an external aerial but even with me pointing it to the further tower it seems to stay connected to the closer tower. This is all assumptions as I've not checked the connection/tower number when it's connected - I just realized this now.

Anyway does anyone have an idea as to what I can do?
15501c01197bd94ba274543c110c727b.jpg
1150ca6254e852ea1b5218f7caec5bd2.jpg
The towers may be using different bands, with the closer tower potentially having a stronger signal, but being more congested. Try changing bands on the router to see if it doesn't change to the other tower.

Did you make sure the router is using the antenna within the router menu?

cAfstA

The towers may be using different bands, with the closer tower potentially having a stronger signal, but being more congested. Try changing bands on the router to see if it doesn't change to the other tower.

Did you make sure the router is using the antenna within the router menu?

Okay thanx I'll try that out.

Yes I changed the router settings to use the external antenna.