Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

Leno

Expert Member
Anyone know if you can make/receive phone calls on the uncapped R599?

Thinking of using it in my phone with call forwarding from my old number if the above is possible

Leno

Expert Member
Anyone know if you can make/receive phone calls on the uncapped R599?

Thinking of using it in my phone with call forwarding from my old number if the above is possible

So popped the R529 uncapped sim in my iphone, and it can make and receive calls

Only problem is it seems to drop to EDGE or 3G when out of LTE coverage (R529 only works on LTE) and then doesnt return to LTE on its own. Have tried forcing LTE only

webyep

Is it just me, or does Telkom throttle all LTE packages nowadays? I've tried on SmartBroadband prepaid, normal prepaid, and the R529 uncapped package. Speed test stalls @ 5 Mbps for a few seconds, and then slowly increase. I've noticed in more than one location... At home, I have the perfect signal, with the tower being in view, with a distance of less than 1 km.

This has caused a lot of issues on Zoom calls...

webyep

Is it just me, or does Telkom throttle all LTE packages nowadays? I've tried on SmartBroadband prepaid, normal prepaid, and the R529 uncapped package. Speed test stalls @ 5 Mbps for a few seconds, and then slowly increase. I've noticed in more than one location... At home, I have the perfect signal, with the tower being in view, with a distance of less than 1 km.

This has caused a lot of issues on Zoom calls...
No one else experienced this? I've found that if I disconnect my data connection and reconnect, test, rinse and repeat, eventually my connection doesn't throttle @ 5 Mbps... Temporary fix

webyep

No one else experienced this? I've found that if I disconnect my data connection and reconnect, test, rinse and repeat, eventually my connection doesn't throttle @ 5 Mbps... Temporary fix
Things have changed...
11437259700.png

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Hello people of Mybroadband

I have a deal but only for someone in the Durban and surroundings area.... I currently have the original uncapped LTE package from Telkom and I'm paying R530 a month on month to month. It's uncapped, but you get 300GB full speed, then 4Mb to 350GB and 2MB to month end.

I am willing to transfer this deal to someone but they have to buy the B618 router which meant for the Telkom 2300Mhz network from me @ R1000.. Note I paid R2000 for this router so 50% off.

So u get the complete deal.... sim+router. I'm willing to do the transfer from mid June so you score half month FREE intenet...

This is only available for people in Durban and surrounding area's.... if you keen ... we can meet at a telkom store closest and do the transfer..

Cheers

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Hello people of Mybroadband

I have a deal but only for someone in the Durban and surroundings area.... I currently have the original uncapped LTE package from Telkom and I'm paying R530 a month on month to month. It's uncapped, but you get 300GB full speed, then 4Mb to 350GB and 2MB to month end.

I am willing to transfer this deal to someone but they have to buy the B618 router which meant for the Telkom 2300Mhz network from me @ R1000.. Note I paid R2000 for this router so 50% off.

So u get the complete deal.... sim+router. I'm willing to do the transfer from mid June so you score half month FREE intenet...

This is only available for people in Durban and surrounding area's.... if you keen ... we can meet at a telkom store closest and do the transfer..

Cheers
If you are serious about it, I wouldn't make the Router an obligation to buy.
Many new Routers support that band/frequency, so people won't want to be stuck with an extra one if they own one already. Maybe offer the sim deal as you'd like to and the Router optionally.
Sell the Router separately online for R1.5K and make a bit more from the sale.

Either way you decide. Post it here in the classifieds section. Bundled or unbundled. Just my opinion on it...

FlashSA

Executive Member
If you are serious about it, I wouldn't make the Router an obligation to buy.
Many new Routers support that band/frequency, so people won't want to be stuck with an extra one if they own one already. Maybe offer the sim deal as you'd like to and the Router optionally.
Sell the Router separately online for R1.5K and make a bit more from the sale.

Either way you decide. Post it here in the classifieds section. Bundled or unbundled. Just my opinion on it...
Seconded.

Unofficial code on these deals is to pass it on to someone free of charge, even if it means going with them to a Telkom shop to facilitate the transfer (as I did for a deserving chap).

Then Gumtree/myBB the router for some bucks back.

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Hey guys, is anyone looking to transfer their contract?
I am... but I have a bundle deal..

I have the Huawei B618-65 @ R1000.. Am willing to transfer if you take the router.. which makes it a great bundle deal... R530 month to month