Telkom Uncapped LTE Deal - My Trials So Far...

Leno

Expert Member
Anyone know if you can make/receive phone calls on the uncapped R599?

Thinking of using it in my phone with call forwarding from my old number if the above is possible

Leno

Expert Member
Anyone know if you can make/receive phone calls on the uncapped R599?

Thinking of using it in my phone with call forwarding from my old number if the above is possible

So popped the R529 uncapped sim in my iphone, and it can make and receive calls

Only problem is it seems to drop to EDGE or 3G when out of LTE coverage (R529 only works on LTE) and then doesnt return to LTE on its own. Have tried forcing LTE only

webyep

Is it just me, or does Telkom throttle all LTE packages nowadays? I've tried on SmartBroadband prepaid, normal prepaid, and the R529 uncapped package. Speed test stalls @ 5 Mbps for a few seconds, and then slowly increase. I've noticed in more than one location... At home, I have the perfect signal, with the tower being in view, with a distance of less than 1 km.

This has caused a lot of issues on Zoom calls...

webyep

Is it just me, or does Telkom throttle all LTE packages nowadays? I've tried on SmartBroadband prepaid, normal prepaid, and the R529 uncapped package. Speed test stalls @ 5 Mbps for a few seconds, and then slowly increase. I've noticed in more than one location... At home, I have the perfect signal, with the tower being in view, with a distance of less than 1 km.

This has caused a lot of issues on Zoom calls...
No one else experienced this? I've found that if I disconnect my data connection and reconnect, test, rinse and repeat, eventually my connection doesn't throttle @ 5 Mbps... Temporary fix