Telkom vs MWEB – Uncapped fibre prices compared

Waylander

Expert Member
Telkom's offering is more attractive. Why does this comparison not include the different value adds each service provides? Just mentioning free data or a VoIP number doesn't count.

ponder

Honorary Master
MWEB compares subscriber usage against a 30-day rolling threshold. These thresholds vary depending on the product and can change.

“Given how the thresholds vary and change, we prefer to not publish them, but rather discuss it with the customer at time of purchase,” said MWEB.
So if I call you guys up tomorrow you gonna tell me exactly what the FUP is? I call BS.

genetic

Honorary Master
So if I call you guys up tomorrow you gonna tell me exactly what the FUP is? I call BS.
My friend gets throttled at 100GB on a 4mbps ADSL line with Mweb, that's why they don't want to reveal their FUP.

uchoose

Telkom seem to be kicking a few butts lately. Telkom is by far the better deal especially with midnight to 7am not using your data.

Maciej

I have tried both recently. Not only does MWEB throttle you, but MWEB also continuously shapes you to the point where download speed drops to close to zero quite often. Their support service is also pathetic. I am now on the Telkom R599 package, and am quite happy (so far).