Telkom won't sign me up for Fibre

xMATTx

I would really appreciate any help or advice.

I live in Gillitts (KZN, near Hillcrest) and according to Telkom's coverage website I should be able to sign up for 100Mbps Fibre.

I have checked their website multiple times with my correct address and I am right in the middle of the purple fibre zone. I am not in the light purple (Fibre planned areas) I am in the dark purple (Fibre already available). Webafrica's website says the same thing.

So I tried to sign up over a month ago. Everything was going well until I get a phone call saying that I cannot get Fibre at my address. I asked for a reason but the person phoning me had no clue. So I asked for someone who knew what was going on to call me but I have heard nothing.

I tried to go to my local Telkom Store on Saturday but their systems were down...

Any idea what I should do or who I can contact for help?

Ebo

PM me your address, I'll check for you and let you have some contacts. I have been in constant contact with Telkom re the FTTH rollout in Gillitts (and live there myself)

prodigyZA

Thats strange, I live in Gillitts and have just got fibre. (Although its meant to be 10Mbps but its only downloading like a 4Mbps line). I would say keep phoning till you get the right person. Took us two months to get them to come install it, although they never told us at any point we couldn't get it.