Telkom's new naked ADSL products are not available to existing customers

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
is existing customers those who have adsl or those who are customers but dont have adsl

TheChamp

Honorary Master
is existing customers those who have adsl or those who are customers but dont have adsl
Badly written article, it simply means you cannot convert you existing service to Pure Connect, not that you are forbidden from getting it because you are an existing customer, so in short, the naked adsl is available to everybody, new and existing customers, if you are an existing customers you are going to have your old fixed line service and the new naked adsl, you can keep both for whatever reason or cancel the old service.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
At the pace they are cancelling their copper infrastructure it won't be long then DSL would be no more

Dill

"Customers who migrate to Telkom’s DSL Unlimited Home Premium bundles will also qualify for the six-month promotional pricing."

I think this is also important. These call centre agents need to stop making up information and saying if we change to the premium the full price is applicable.

pouroverguy

Expert Member
Email I got today. Despise this company with every fiber of my being.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the cancellation request online, case was received,on Telkom side,

we are unable to cancel the landline as you have an ADSL with another ISP. Please request your ISP to

release the line after which you can request a cancellation with Telkom.

TelkomSA

ronz91

Expert Member
the agent at the store assured me that I could convert my current package to the naked with the promotional prices.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Email I got today. Despise this company with every fiber of my being.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the cancellation request online, case was received,on Telkom side,

we are unable to cancel the landline as you have an ADSL with another ISP. Please request your ISP to

release the line after which you can request a cancellation with Telkom.

TelkomSA
Just cancel everything.. Then wait a year or so when it's actually canceled. Then apply again.

VinayN004

"Customers who migrate to Telkom’s DSL Unlimited Home Premium bundles will also qualify for the six-month promotional pricing."

I think this is also important. These call centre agents need to stop making up information and saying if we change to the premium the full price is applicable.

Just spoke to an agent now. She said there's no promotional pricing for existing customers. :mad:

OmarSalie

I'm not going to try to jump through loopholes to pay less for a better product. I was one of the lucky ones who had no issues with them for 4 years. Telkom wins but I'm leaving as soon as I get the chance.

Fox1

Executive Member
Telkom Agents are clueless. They are saying Covid19 discounts are available to new customers only. So I asked if Covid19 affects only new customers?

upup

Executive Member
the agent at the store assured me that I could convert my current package to the naked with the promotional prices.
the agent needs training.
Or, you should have sign it just there.

upup

Executive Member
I told the agent I want to lte, they look very fast and say my tower is full.

SAsoccerfan

"cancelling their existing package and subscribing as a new customer"

Good luck with that. By the time they actually cancel your line, the promotion will be Over and you'll be frustrated after Calling them multiple times.

If you already have it, just keep it.

ronz91

Expert Member
the agent needs training.
Or, you should have sign it just there.
I would have except she insisted that the Lite bundle was worse than what I had in some way, so I said I would check on here for feedback.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
They cannot, successfully upgrade me, from a 10mbps ADSL line, to a 20mbps VDSL line, in a few days short of a month. But they can accommodate new customers. EISH!!!

Yesterday I managed to get hold of someone on 10210, who seemed helpful, informed me that Telkom has 4 systems that need to be updated, for the upgrade to successfully take place. For some unknown reason the fourth and final system did not get the message, update or whatever. She sent an e-mail to who ever oversees that system an requested that the necessary "kicking" be done, so that my upgrade finally happens.

Still waiting patiently ... , not that I can do much more ...