Telkom's very generous gifts

Thestealth

Expert Member
Looks like Absa is being quick to say "It was Telkom's idea and we just went along". I'll be checking to see if my bank charges are also going to increase soon. Now I know where my increase in phone bill went. Hope you also got a Pod Rpm

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
One journalist estimated that there were at least 50 guests at the function, and that the two corporate giants spent about R80 000 on iPods alone.

The journalist said that the iPods, bearing brand names and loaded with music by Beethoven, were just the tip of the iceberg and described the function as ‘extravagant’, with guests treated to a four-course meal in the Michaelangelo Hotel and entertained by a string ensemble.

Yarrrt - Blapsa is so off my potential list for a savings account - they will have to recoup that money somehow. TANSTAAFL.

Will be looking at another bank then...

I will not be surprised if this deal turns sour soon...

Tns

Executive Member
They all do it. telkom is spreading the honey to catch some

Pilgrim

Wugger
and it served as a souvenir for this significant moment in these two companies’ relationship going forward.”

That would be my cue to go close my ABSA accounts and move everything over to FNB :sick:

nexxus

Meh, it was a marketing move, they've probably budgeted for it & in the grand scheme of things R80k isn't that much compared to the rest of their marketing costs.

Telkom get barracked for a lot of stuff deservedly but this is really an irrelevant bone to pick at and moaning about it is just a bit petty.

ike

R80 000 is teeny weeny when u r announcing a R1.7bn deal. come on...

fz1

Wow :eek:

How about Telkom giving the gift of not overcharging/shafting its customers (particularly ADSL customers) and spending some money on better service? Oh wait, that's no fun. They'd rather be extravagant and over the top with the money, and increase prices instead of dropping them. Great. Love ya too, Telkom :sick:

lilGr

Expert Member
Wow :eek:

How about Telkom giving the gift of not overcharging/shafting its customers (particularly ADSL customers) and spending some money on better service? Oh wait, that's no fun. They'd rather be extravagant and over the top with the money, and increase prices instead of dropping them. Great. Love ya too, Telkom :sick:

+1

general_koffi

Expert Member
Jesus Christ.

Of course they can't hire enough technicians to get lines installed/fixed in reasonable time...

pope24

Expert Member
Perfect example of Telkom wasting money on trying to remind people they are still the big boy on the block.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
I quite like this. Let Telkom show South Africans what they spend their extortionist income from us on and where their priorities and interests lie - with their own pockets instead of their clients.

I left ABSA ages ago - my other half and I are both with Nedbank - and boy, after hearing that ABSA & Telkom are bed pals, I'm quite content in having nothing to do with them any more.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
I quite like this. Let Telkom show South Africans what they spend their extortionist income from us on and where their priorities and interests lie - with their own pockets instead of their clients.

I left ABSA ages ago - my other half and I are both with Nedbank - and boy, after hearing that ABSA & Telkom are bed pals, I'm quite content in having nothing to do with them any more.

Was about to went back to Blapsa - when this happened.

Suffice to say that I won't go back to them.

Wizzit (operating via Bank of Athens) is much cheaper, and my total banking fees for last month was below R100. :D

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Was about to went back to Blapsa - when this happened.

Suffice to say that I won't go back to them.

Wizzit (operating via Bank of Athens) is much cheaper, and my total banking fees for last month was below R100. :D

Wizzit? Wazzat? :p Sorry, couldn't resist ^.^

I've never heard of them. But I love Nedbank :D It's green and all of them seem to know how to do their jobs and be human simultaneously - it's really amazing :D :D :D

sox63

Executive Member

Ever heard of Project Merlot? Telkom and CSC handle your Voice and Data. ;)

Nomino

The IPOD's they dished out were just as cutting edge as their bandwidth offerings! LOL