Tenant evicted from Cape Town flat for flushing toilet 22 times in one day

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Why can't she use a bucket? Apparently they double up as extinguishers when you set your boyfriend alight.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
“The lady was using excessive amounts of water. She would use up to 400 litres of water a day. I have a meter on the toilet and it showed that she flushed the toilet 22 times in one day,” said the landlord.
Solution? Piss in the kitchen sink.

Pythonista

When the last drop of water comes out the tap, it's going to be because of water wasters like this stupid woman. Really - if she had health issues, she could have simply kept the bath water in, and used that from a bucket.

terencej

Expert Member
Can this be legal? This is one of those horrible landlords floating out there that needs to be flushed out.
Who the hell monitors tenant's toilette habits?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Can this be legal? This is one of those horrible landlords floating out there that needs to be flushed out.
Absolutely illegal.

I am wondering how can the landlord have nothing better to do during a full day than counting how many times the tenants flush.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
When the last drop of water comes out the tap, it's going to be because of water wasters like this stupid woman. Really - if she had health issues, she could have simply kept the bath water in, and used that from a bucket.
No it wont, it will be because of incompetent people not planning ahead...

McSack

Executive Member
You must've missed news of the water shortages in CT. Average household usage is around 250l a day I think. This tenant was using 400
At 10l a visit the feckless tenant was flushing almost an entire family's daily usage down the toilet on her own