Tensions rise in Sea Point as powerful men accused of promoting anti-homeless, anti-poor and sexist sentiments

Grant

Honorary Master
Tensions are approaching boiling point in one of Cape Town’s wealthiest suburbs as a group of powerful and wealthy men are accused of promoting anti-homeless, anti-poor and sexist attitudes.

These men include billionaire businessman Rob Hersov, Paul Jacobson and lawyer Gary Trappler.
They are accused of abusing courts to intimidate and victimise anyone who tries to stand in their path. Their alleged victims are mostly women who are now fearing for their lives.
The Weekend Argus has learnt that there was an alleged “hit list” circulating, of the people who are deemed to be anti this group’s agenda and are to be “destroyed”.

“Whilst I do not believe that this to be a physical threat against them it is certainly about ruining their reputation, business, families etc,” said a resident in Sea Point.

Thandi Mgwaba, a black woman who lived in the area, had to leave after her car tyres were allegedly slashed by Trappler. Although she lost the case, she still believes justice was not served.
“There was CCTV footage that shows everything that happened. Following the incident, lily flowers were left on my doorstep and I became scared so I left,” she said.

A woman who claims to had also been targeted said this group of men want to make the area exclusive to a single ethnic group.
“If you argue against their stance on social media they threaten to visit you, they weaponise the legal system and use it to intimidate people. Anyone who looks for ways to assist homeless people feels their wrath,” she said.

Jacobson is allegedly being supported by Hersov in his bid to run for ward councillor under the banner of the Freedom Front Plus.
“I have spoken to different political parties and so far the Freedom Front Plus seems to be on the same page as me. I am not anti-poor, I want to assist them but homeless people cannot be allowed to vote in local government otherwise they will be shipped from somewhere to come and cove.

“They do not have a permanent residential address, they can vote on national and provincial elections not local,” said Jacobson.
He said there were people who do not like him, including local councillor Nicola Jowell.

He also admitted to being part of the group and that it includes influential and business people like magistrates, senior counsels, among others.

Hersov did not give much comment when asked about the allegations.
“Go to Havens and ask who gives the money for the shelter. You have a non-story there,” he said.

Trappler said homeless people in the Atlantic Seaboard should not be fed.
“Residents and ratepayers must not give irresponsibly to vagrants. It makes life comfortable for them and if they are comfortable they will not go to shelters. Vagrants in the Atlantic Seaboard are living good. I am not anti-poor, I am anti-government,” he said.

Jowell said she was aware of a number of individuals in the community who have issued threats against other residents and organisations.

“And a number of people have been taken to court for speaking out against these individuals. Although I have not been immune from these comments nor threats, I will not stop the work that I am doing in the ward on behalf of all the residents and up till now have chosen not to be drawn into legal battles despite the defamatory and untrue statements that have been said about me.

“Whilst residents are entitled to their opinions it cannot be that we can tolerate an environment where others are bullied and threatened for expressing theirs,” she said.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Looks like the DA is feeling the heat from the FF+ in Sea Point. Now resorting to a biased MSM to support them. Notice there is no mention of the whining councillor as being DA but plenty of negative comment about the FF+ candidate?

Kawak

When politics enters, good goes out the window, the remaining bits fester. Not feeding the homeless so they can continue on the streets and create an environment that you don't want? Seriously? Threaten people who wants to try and help? How on earth does anyone justify this? sure all political parties just fighting for votes and all people involved has been quoted out of context, even journalism has been politicized. Totally unwise words and actions. Ffs.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
When politics enters, good goes out the window, the remaining bits fester. Not feeding the homeless so they can continue on the streets and create an environment that you don't want? Seriously? Threaten people who wants to try and help? How on earth does anyone justify this? sure all political parties just fighting for votes and all people involved has been quoted out of context, even journalism has been politicized. Totally unwise words and actions. Ffs.

Wrong. Read and you will see they want the homeless in shelters where they get a free bed for the night and a free meal paid by the city and there are plenty shelters in Cape Town. The homeless refuse to go because to enter you need to be sober and drug free. So they rely on hand outs from do-gooders who don't want to recognise they are attracting these people to their area which results in urban decay, petty crime, theft and a decrease in property values.

The ANC, out of revenge and supported by IOL wants to house the homeless in housing projects right next door to ratepayers who pay a lot of money. They will never house the homeless next to the parliamentary village at Acacia Park who pay no rates at all and which has plenty of land to house them.

The actual political game is being played by the ANC and supported by their sycophant Itchy Scurvy of IOL.

genetic

Honorary Master
Wrong. Read and you will see they want the homeless in shelters where they get a free bed for the night and a free meal paid by the city and there are plenty shelters in Cape Town. The homeless refuse to go because to enter you need to be sober and drug free. So they rely on hand outs from do-gooders who don't want to recognise they are attracting these people to their area which results in urban decay, petty crime, theft and a decrease in property values.

The ANC, out of revenge and supported by IOL wants to house the homeless in housing projects right next door to ratepayers who pay a lot of money. They will never house the homeless next to the parliamentary village at Acacia Park who pay no rates at all and which has plenty of land to house them.

The actual political game is being played by the ANC and supported by their sycophant Itchy Scurvy of IOL.

Exactly. IOL is an ANC political mouthpiece.

genetic

Honorary Master
Tensions are approaching boiling point ... Dramatic music

I work in Sea Point... there is no "boiling point". This isn't news.

IOL are making up stories to suit their ANC narrative, as they always have. "Rich white suburbs in the Western Cape are excluding blacks." Our neighbour is black and owns a logistics company. Go F yourself IOL.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I work in Sea Point... there is no "boiling point". This isn't news.

IOL are making up stories to suit their ANC narrative, as they always have. "Rich white suburbs in the Western Cape are excluding blacks." Go F yourself IOL.

Cape Town has wonderful areas they've been able to keep civilised by resisting the ANC's social engineering policies, unlike Johannesburg that has become a cesspool. The ANC has been using IOL to try to move their pawn voters into those areas in Cape Town to get their vote count up. It's purely a political game hyped up by the leftist media.

genetic

Honorary Master
Cape Town has wonderful areas they've been able to keep civilised by resisting the ANC's social engineering policies, unlike Johannesburg that has become a cesspool. The ANC has been using IOL to try to move their pawn voters into those areas in Cape Town to get their vote count up. It's purely a political game hyped up by the leftist media.

They're failing. Their political support has dwindled every election here in the WC.

R13...

Honorary Master
Exactly. IOL is an ANC political mouthpiece.
They support the RET faction of the ANC not exactly the ANC in vogue. Notice that they are actually in opposition of the ANC faction in current power. Their owner benefited from Zuma's corruption of institutions like the PIC. They probably think this particular case is them fighting an elite (their own is one).

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
They support the RET faction of the ANC not exactly the ANC in vogue. Notice that they are actually in opposition of the ANC faction in current power.

They've printed conspiracy theories about Ramaphosa planning to destroy the ANC so they may be allied to certain individuals within the ANC but not the ANC as a whole.