Tensions rise in Sea Point as powerful men accused of promoting anti-homeless, anti-poor and sexist sentiments

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
I've had to resort to digging in bins before, when you are hungry you are hungry. I'd take buying a fresh loaf of bread any day over what I find in a dustbin tho.

People have got to meet somewhere in the middle
- Don't give them money to make them codependent, but don't allow them to dig in bins either
- Don't want them around in the nice posh areas, but want them to find work
- Don't want to help them, but can't shoot them out back behind the barn either
- Treated like trash, surprised when they act like trash
Or just move to Brackenfell, this is the solution.

Defiler

Okay, so it's not allowed to question far fecthed statements made on the internet?

Fck knows, you made a statement, I'm just asking you to back it up with some evidence because while I believe there might be a very small chance of it being true, I really doubt it is. How come it was never uncovered, how did the ANC pay for it? How did they give people money and not have those people just use it for drugs while not goin anywhere?

The ANC is useless, they can't even steal properly, yet you're expecting me to believe they organized the movement of thousands of people on the down low?

I was born in Noordhoek, grew up in Noordhoek, and still live here. I can say that what Cosmik has said is 100% true.

Site 5 was erected in 1992 as the first serviced area in Masiphumelele, also known as Phase 1 development. The outcome of tough negotiations between the Noordhoek and Fish Hoek informal community members determined that 20 sites were to be allocated to the Fish Hoek people while a total of 215 sites were allocated to the Noordhoek and Site 5 people. The outstanding number of structures (approximately 51) was to be allocated during the erection of the Phase 2 development project. Most of those interviewed remember their arrival to the serviced Site 5 area in Masiphumelele surrounded by bushes. Many people who occupied the sites arrived from Old Cross Roads or from the former Ciskei and Transkei homelands. - https://www.westerncape.gov.za/text/2009/3/masiphumelele_conflict_intervention_report.pdf

From people who have done work for me, none of them were born in the Western Cape. Relocation was free and often paid for by NGOs to bus people down under the promise of jobs, better living conditions, etc.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I was born in Noordhoek, grew up in Noordhoek, and still live here. I can say that what Cosmik has said is 100% true.

From people who have done work for me, none of them were born in the Western Cape. Relocation was free and often paid for by NGOs to bus people down under the promise of jobs, better living conditions, etc.

Thank you @Defiler The site where Masi is now was the old Noordhoek Nursery owned by a man named Gerry. I forget his surname. The Sunny Acres caravan park was between that and Mrs Doiley's farm, which is now Faerie Knowe. Capri, Sunnydale and Milkwood Park did not exist then. Sun Valley did.

@Cr4ig Ready to apologise yet?

Craig_

Honorary Master
Thank you @Defiler The site where Masi is now was the old Noordhoek Nursery owned by a man named Gerry. I forget his surname. The Sunny Acres caravan park was between that and Mrs Doiley's farm, which is now Faerie Knowe. Capri, Sunnydale and Milkwood Park did not exist then. Sun Valley did.

@Cr4ig Ready to apologise yet?

I will do that, if you can point to where it says the ANC bussed those people in. Scanned through that quickly, didn't see that.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I will do that, if you can point to where it says the ANC bussed those people in. Scanned through that quickly, didn't see that.

None so blind...

More than one person confirmed my assertion as well.

Craig_

Honorary Master
I can accept that - If you accuse the others that say the same as I do of being liars, as you accused me.

You I accused of lying as you have a history of making statements you can't substantiate. Looking back it might have been slightly off side to word it like I did though. So sorry for outright calling you a liar.

Gnome

Executive Member
So how does one then deal with it.
Shove them into shelters for free, Mahala.
Or, try employ as many as possible to begin self sustainment.
The Ratepayers association has embarked on trying to employ with pilot projects underway.
Those employed have their accommodation and meals paid for and receive a small additional allowance.
Those employed are under supervision.
Any drug use or criminal activity and they are handed over to SAPS.
So what happens to the people that don't want to be employed?

A significant number of the homeless drug addicts have no ambition but to stay where they are and live off of people that feel bad about themselves and offload their guilt by giving those drug addicts their fix.

Lastly, you keep taking photos to try prove a point.
But the reality is, this problem started roughly when lockdown began and it will take time to get progressively worse.

So 5 years from now, when it doesn't look like that, what will your story be at that point?
Or is your plan to flee at that point, to your next bastion, rinse and repeat what is happening in Sea Point now?

Howdy

Expert Member
Every day a Grant walks past a homeless man and gives him R10.
So it continues until suddenly one day Grant gives him R7,50.

"Wel, dis nog steeds beter as niks." the homeless guy thinks to himself.
So it continues for the next year, until suddenly the money shrinks to R5,00 one day.

"Hei jy! Wag! Sê my nou eers wat hier aangaan," the homeless guy asks Grant. "Eers gee jy my R10 elke dag, dan weer R7,50, en nou net R5. Wat gaan hier aan?"

Grant answers: "The beginning of last year my son went to varsity. It costs a lot, so I had to start cutting costs. Then my daughter started at varsity this year and I had to cut even more costs."

"En sê my nou eers, hoeveel kinders het jy?" asks the homeless guy.

Grant proudly answers: "Four lovely children!"

The homeless guy grabs a stick, starts beating Grant, saying: "Jou moer! En dan is jy van plan om hulle almal op my onkoste te laat leer!"

Grant

Honorary Master
So what happens to the people that don't want to be employed?

I guess you think this is unique to Sea Point. Ask the rest of the unemployed around 5he Country the same question.
A significant number of the homeless drug addicts have no ambition but to stay where they are and live off of people that feel bad about themselves and offload their guilt by giving those drug addicts their fix.
Of course Dr Freud, who am I to question your analasys.
Lastly, you keep taking photos to try prove a point.
I keep taking pictures in response to specific questions.
It may be difficult but do try keep up
But the reality is, this problem started roughly when lockdown began and it will take time to get progressively worse.
So your theory them would be employment opportunities would decrease as lockdown is progressively lifted?
So 5 years from now, when it doesn't look like that, what will your story be at that point?
Or is your plan to flee at that point, to your next bastion, rinse and repeat what is happening in Sea Point now?

No Gypsey Rose. I also have a house in Surrey, I could have run years ago when the schit hit the fans in this country.
Life is easy here and there is good money to be made with a bit of thinking and effort.
Of fleeing to the next bastion, you should ask London resident Rob Hersov that question.