Tensions rise in Sea Point as powerful men accused of promoting anti-homeless, anti-poor and sexist sentiments

Grant

Honorary Master
I think its time to join team Jacobson and hersov - and export the problem to the following areas:
With Hersov’s money, each person can be provided a R25k cash incentive to move - transport provided - no empty promises coupled with a Chinese t-shirt and a chicken wing. Being a billionaire has its perks, everything is for sale and doable.

1) bulk sent to northern suburbs.
Aesthetically they will blend in perfectly - nobody will be able to tell the previously indigenous tribe from the newcomers.

2) false bay area - fish hoek, Kalk Bay etc.
This is where the drug users and criminals will go.
The locals always look like they have just committed a crime, or about to do so.
A perfect match.

3) Southern suburbs
Far enough from sea point is reason enough

4) the last of the stragglers to be deposited into the city bowl.

That's it. Sea Point problem solved.
Have fun folks.

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I think its time to join team Jacobson and hersov - and export the problem to the following areas:
With Hersov’s money, each person can be provided a R25k cash incentive to move - transport provided - no empty promises coupled with a Chinese t-shirt and a chicken wing. Being a billionaire has its perks, everything is for sale and doable.

1) bulk sent to northern suburbs.
Aesthetically they will blend in perfectly - nobody will be able to tell the previously indigenous tribe from the newcomers.

Ek nai vir jou droog! You send all of them to Oudtshoorn and Colouredsdorp!

Grant

Honorary Master

Businessman Rob Hersov breaks silence over alleged Atlantic Seaboard ’hit list’​

Businessman Rob Hersov has broken his silence over the alleged “hit list” that is circulating around the Atlantic Seaboard.
An excerpt from the emailed list, alleged to have been sent by Hersov, read: “And please would you ditch any more kowtowing to the nasty leftists, especially the following ratbags…”
The list then details a number of people who are described as “undeniably nasty”, “low grade leftist punk”, and “weasel”.
Dale Smiedt, the lawyer representing Hersov, said: “The image that you speak of was sent to DA councillor (Nicola) Jowell and DA deputy shadow minister of employment and labour (Michael) Bagraim. The mail goes on to suggest we should focus our energy on unseating the ANC as well as rising up against the EFF. Mr Bagraim responded thanking my client for the mail. Mrs Jowell then responded by saying that she absolutely agrees with Michael (Mr Bagraim). This mail was sent to the two above individuals.”
Full article and video

Grant

Honorary Master

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
Yes, it was initially about 500 in the late 80's to Masiphumelele then known as Site 5. It grew rapidly to 3000, the max capacity of the area with densely built shacks smack in the middle of a safe and leafy suburb. It's now 30 000+.
More than 40k now unfortunately.

On a swampland, that floods every year, and has fires literally every summer now.
The local libtards even had the temacity to congratulate them for not rioting during the recent riots in KZN.

I too remember site 5 being tiny, I used to go to the bush pub when it really was the bush pub.
Heck, I live in the area (Solole, I bought off John Hume).

I'll also corroborate they got bused in from EC.

Last edited:

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
More than 40k now unfortunately.

On a swampland, that floods every year, and has fires literally every summer now.
The local libtards even had the temacity to congratulate them for not rioting during the recent riots in KZN.

I too remember site 5 being tiny, I used to go to the bush pub when it really was the bush pub.
Heck, I live in the area (Solole, I bought off John Hume).

I'll also corroborate they got bused in from EC.

Then you and I drank in the same original bush pub before Ian started expanding it and it turned into just another pub.

A former resident of the housing built on the hillside above Solole has bought a farm near me and tells me that part of Solole is now going to be low cost housing. One of the reasons he got out of the area. There go the property values and crime rate.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
Then you and I drank in the same original bush pub before Ian started expanding it and it turned into just another pub.

A former resident of the housing built on the hillside above Solole has bought a farm near me and tells me that part of Solole is now going to be low cost housing. One of the reasons he got out of the area. There go the property values and crime rate.
Don't I know it... Thats my ex neighbour then (I miss his ostriches).

Quite possible, I was a teenager in those days though, my dad and his friend took me with when they visited.

I put together some info about it here -

It's planned for roughly where the houses are in the left side field. The fence running across is, or will be a road.
They're also planning a road from Masi up to the top of the mountain, so that the skelms have easy access to come and rob everyone in the community.

(showing off the raised beds a bit, I know, but I'm quite proud of how they came out)

1628967307395.jpg 1401628966406_.pic.jpg

Last edited:

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
It's planned for roughly where the houses are in the left side field. The fence running across is, or will be a road.
They're also planning a road from Masi up to the top of the mountain, so that the skelms have easy access to come and rob everyone in the community.

I know the area well. I lived in that valley before Sunnydale, Capri, Faerie Knowe and even the original Sun Valey Mall were built.

I'm sure the residents of the once upmarket Capri must absolutely be delighted with Alderman Purchase's (I know her and her brother well) gradual capitulation over the years.

Why is a road needed to the top of the mountain? It's part of the Table Mountain National Park and I've been part of a bush fire fighting team that was up in those mountains several times over the years. The road cannot be for fire fighting as we used the dirt road from the Glencairn stables and the hiking trail access on Black Hill road for fire fighting access.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
I know the area well. I lived in that valley before Sunnydale, Capri, Faerie Knowe and even the original Sun Valey Mall were built.

I'm sure the residents of the once upmarket Capri must absolutely be delighted with Alderman Purchase's (I know her and her brother well) gradual capitulation over the years.

Why is a road needed to the top of the mountain? It's part of the Table Mountain National Park and I've been part of a bush fire fighting team that was up in those mountains several times over the years. The road cannot be for fire fighting as we used the dirt road from the Glencairn stables and the hiking trail access on Black Hill road for fire fighting access.
Oh, Alderman Purchase is well loved. Not.
Useless that she is. Every time I've dealt with her personally, it has been a litany of excuses or non-answers. She's well entrenched in the DA now, and cares less and less about the area.

Simon Liel-Cock in the next voting district over arguably does a better job (his sister Kathy has been a family friend for at least 30+ years now).

I also know the valley from well before the mall was built. We lived in Southern Suburbs, but the parental units used to drive over ou kaapse in the kombi (god knows how it made it up Ou Kaapse to be honest!), to visit friends near Monkey Valley and we'd often stay the weekend. Late 80's was a different time.

Grant

Honorary Master

Homeless evicted​

Homeless people living alongside the tennis courts in Sea Point had their belongings confiscated by law enforcement on Monday afternoon.

Atlantic Sun

Home News Homeless evicted

Homeless evicted​

By
Shahied Joseph
Aug 26, 2021

Homeless people being evicted in Sea Point.
Homeless people living alongside the tennis courts in Sea Point had their belongings confiscated by law enforcement on Monday afternoon.
They had been living near the police station in a makeshift camp for a number of months.
Christopher September, 53, said they took his things, including his ID, while Walter Harrington, 34, says he was also given a fine.
“They gave me a R300 fine for what I don’t know. It seems I’m the only one who got that fine. They don’t’ have permission to do this, they can’t show us documents to prove that they can do this,” said Mr Harrington.
“This morning people from social development were here and they took three of us to shelter and when we came back my stuff was gone. My ID is gone, they gave no reason for doing this,” said Mr September.
A concerned resident, Catherine Dodge, says that besides the disturbing situation she noticed that some of the law enforcement officers are not wearing name badges.
“They have no interdict, I asked the group leader and they could not show me anything. They did not give the residents any notice about what they would do or when,” said Ms Dodge.
“What also concerns me is that some of them are not wearing badges that identify who they are and I’m quite concerned about this. They claim to be from the displaced persons unit and I’ve tried to get in touch with law enforcements leaders but they are unavailable, it’s absolutely devastating to see how they conducting this, it’s inhumane,” she said.
Law Enforcement officials look on.
Shaun Hibbert says when he got back from the hospital he saw the law enforcement officers removing tents and advised him to do the same.
“I went to the day clinic to get my brother’s TB tablets and to get the results for mine, but the nurse was not there so I have to go back tomorrow,” said the 49-year old. “I’m not sure where we are going to and what will happen to us.”
A South African Human Rights Commission monitor, Annie Kirke, says that the homeless people thought that they would have 24 hours to move after the social development department’s visit earlier in the morning.
“They came back after a few hours and people are saying their personal effects have been put on the lorries, structures have been removed, there are sick people here, I believe somebody has TB here and there are concerns about those who have health issues. I’ve called a social development practitioner about this and to check if they have accommodation and that they not offering spaces that don’t exist.”
The City of Cape Town did not want to comment on the matter.