Terrarium/Titanium TV

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Lucky you, all I get is buffering all the time I have a 25mbs line.

I only got a 5Mbps "line" so I just download everything. Just set it to download and start watching 10 minutes later. Remember if you are using a download manager to set it to one part per download.

SamWill

Terrarium is working great for me so far. No buffering for me at 1080p on a 20mbs line.

Question. Do we need to use a VPN? saw some links suggesting one. But is it necessary in SA?
Did you change any of the default settings?

SamWill

I only got a 5Mbps "line" so I just download everything. Just set it to download and start watching 10 minutes later. Remember if you are using a download manager to set it to one part per download.
Will need to try this

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I must try this.
So you're basically watching a streaming download.
Isn't it better to start and then immediately pause.
Start again after a while.

Dave

Honorary Master
Buffering like crazy tonight. Sigh too many people in the world.

Still not buffering for me, tried a GoMovies (streamandgo) link for an episode of SWAT at random, perfectly smooth HD on my S8+.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Buffering is a foreign concept when using a Chromecast . Just tried The Big Bang Theory season 11 episode 13 randomly .

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Still not buffering for me, tried a GoMovies (streamandgo) link for an episode of SWAT at random, perfectly smooth HD on my S8+.
Still buffering here. Must be an ip or location thing. Streaming Showmax now no problem.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
I must try this.
So you're basically watching a streaming download.
Isn't it better to start and then immediately pause.
Start again after a while.
Terrarium supplies a link to the the file that your download manager uses. On 5Mbps I can download one file at the same speed that I could watch (500Mb - 900mb for a 45 min series episode). There are times when the download speed suddenly drops and a few seconds later picks up. This is where you would probably get buffering.

So I use ADM as my download manager. If I set it to only download one file at a time and set the number of threads to 1, I can let the download run for 10 minutes then start watching the downloaded file. It should complete downloading before I get to the end.

You can speed up the downloading by downloading multiple threads per file. But they will be all over the place, so as soon as you catch up to the end of the first thread the video will stop.

With multiple treads I can cut off about 25% of the time it takes to download. Downloading multiple files from difference sources can also speed things up, because if one slows down the other picks up the bandwidth a bit. But this doesn't help with streaming, only download now watch later. So on a Friday morning I will download shows that were uploaded/aired on Thursday. By then they are, at least, 720P or better and less chance of getting last week's episode renamed as this week's. So I can watch a fully downloaded episode while another is downloading.

Last edited:

SamWill

Terrarium supplies a link to the the file that your download manager uses. On 5Mbps I can download one file at the same speed that I could watch (500Mb - 900mb for a 45 min series episode). There are times when the download speed suddenly drops and a few seconds later picks up. This is where you would probably get buffering.

So I use ADM as my download manager. If I set it to only download one file at a time and set the number of threads to 1, I can let the download run for 10 minutes then start watching the downloaded file. It should complete downloading before I get to the end.

You can speed up the downloading by downloading multiple threads per file. But they will be all over the place, so as soon as you catch up to the end of the first thread the video will stop.

With multiple treads I can cut off about 25% of the time it takes to download. Downloading multiple files from difference sources can also speed things up, because if one slows down the other picks up the bandwidth a bit. But this doesn't help with streaming, only download now watch later. So on a Friday morning I will download shows that were uploaded/aired on Thursday. By then they are, at least, 720P or better and less chance of getting last week's episode renamed as this week's. So I can watch a fully downloaded episode while another is downloading.

Thanks for the info. Is that Advanced Download Manager or Accelerator Download Manager?

Last edited: