• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Terribly Terribly Let down by Afrihost - Extremely Poor Service, Just APPALLING

Sammy AN

Extremely disappointed in Afrihost, all that was wrong our SSL certificate expired, 3 days later, business lost.

All we get is automatic responders, they brag about new whatsapp service, still waiting for answers since 11am this morning.

Our e-commerce website in existence since 2012, just seems to disappeared and NOBODY in afrihost have the decency to call me back helping us.

Absolutely APPALLING !!!!

Sorry to say Afrihost, this is my second dire experience with you, you absolutely SUCK ...

There is nothing more to say !!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

marlin178

Expert Member
And Afrihost will deny that they did anything wrong.

Move with your wallet- they’ll eventually learn their lesson.

McT

The Humble Scot!
And Afrihost will deny that they did anything wrong.

Move with your wallet- they’ll eventually learn their lesson.
This ^

With this many threads popping up regarding Afrihost, it’s little wonder they still have loyalty.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Nothing out of the ordinary for Afrihost. Big mistake using them.

Move over to domains.co.za asap.

Trompie67

Expert Member
^^^^^ What Bryn said.

I had the same issue with Afrihost around 2 years ago - it took them 10 days to acknowledge that the shared server was down, & then a further week to get it up & running again. All with little to no communication from them.

Whilst they were stirring their cornflakes we'd moved to a new hosting provider.

Anthro

Expert Member
Leave them.
Block them from sending you any further eMails - and then enjoy Pure Internet Bliss.

eye_suc

Expert Member
VM's would disappear as well...

For a company that has "host" in it's name, it sure as hell cannot.

Sammy AN

Day 4, still no solid reply from anyone, just a poor automated whatsapp resposnse.

What is the best host to move to, I need to do this ASAP !!!

Your help will be really appreciated

UssOP

Also, as "convenient" as it may seem...Whatsapp "support" is the worst thing for a company that gets such a lot of customer contacts. One person needs to support those who will most likely choose Whatsapp as a form of contact all day. It's only natural to wait long for a response.

squirrel

Expert Member
I use Afrihost for mobile data and their service levels have gone to zero. Pretty much the worst I have ever used. It seems they are seriously struggling.

Thor

Honorary Master
I use Afrihost for mobile data and their service levels have gone to zero. Pretty much the worst I have ever used. It seems they are seriously struggling.
Openweb 2.0 we warned people in 2014 already this will happen, yet MyBB gives them free reign to sucker people in.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Time for people to abandon Afrishost like the plague.
Their support levels are non-existent right now.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Virtual Hosting Network
Our hosting engineers have reported that one of our virtual environments is currently affected by a network error. Affected clients may have no access or limited access to their hosted services. Our technical team is urgently addressing the error to restore normal performance. Every effort will be made to minimise the impact to affected clients, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
From their status page.