Terror in a Durban taxi

intel8080

Banned
WTF When in Rome do like the Romans do. Cudos to the policeman for trying (and still hanging on to life). On the other hand, this incident shows how futile is to resist. Welcome to the new South Africa.

Last edited:

Executive Member
WTF When in Rome do like the Romans do. Cudos to the policeman for trying (and still hanging on to life). On the other hand, this incident shows how futile is to resist. Welcome to the new South Africa.
If his weapon had worked as expected (safety lock, didn't cock it, poor maintenance?) it'd show non-futile his resistance would have been...

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Clean the gun man! :/

Good of the cop to take action - but so many things could've gone wrong.

Taxi conductor? WTF is that?
The gaardtjie aka Sliding Door Operator?

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Guy in passenger seat handling the money?
Just never heard of it being referred to in such a manner.
I've gotta start spreading it on the taxi ranks in and around CPT and hear what they say :p

EDIT:
Wait? The gaardtjies there actually get a seat? :wtf:
That's money wasted yo!

Last edited:

froot

Honorary Master
He pulled the trigger twice but nothing happened. The robber then opened fire.
Must be a cop's worst nightmare.
It's also worrying that some firearms are not maintained properly - should be cleaned regularly. I've seen first-hand how some cops handle their weapons and it's not exactly a good thing.

Solarion

Honorary Master
His gun jammed, so now it's futile to resist for fear of guns jamming? That's like me saying I shouldn't use
my car anymore because it just might break down. Ok then :D

Cool E

Expert Member
We are no longer safe in our taxis.

Taxi conductor collects money and give the Driver once all passengers have paid.

ALso helps on opening/closing the door.

intel8080

Banned
Or he must be referring to the old South Africa :D
Do you chaps know the "issue" with the mostly used police pistol in South Africa? This has saved and killed lots of people. If you are properly trained counts in your favor. If not . . . The 'old' policeman know about it. The new ones - even the trainers seem to have forgotten it. WTF

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well you seem to know, so why don't you enlighten us as to the issue that our police have with the standard issue 9mm pistol then.

MKFrost

Expert Member
“A few moments later when I stopped the taxi to allow a passenger to get off, I felt a cold, hard object being pushed against my ribs and heard, ‘Leth’ imali, sfebe’ (give me the money, bitch),” he said.

Eish.... these robbers are watching to much TV.... :whistling:

intel8080

Banned
Well you seem to know, so why don't you enlighten us as to the issue that our police have with the standard issue 9mm pistol then.
With pleasure. I can even post a picture. Just give me a hour or so to organise me a police pistol. You think I am joking? Think again and watch this space.

STS

Mafia Detective
With pleasure. I can even post a picture. Just give me a hour or so to organise me a police pistol. You think I am joking? Think again and watch this space.
*waits*

edit: also post a piece of paper with "intel8080" written on it so we know that it's you next to the pistol