Terror in a Durban taxi

froot

Honorary Master
I would expect most cops to carry their weapon with one-up tbh.

Some of our cops shouldn't be carrying firearms.
At a break-in recently I helped a cop over a wall and he gave me his R4 to hold. When he came back, he had to shake dirt out of the barrel.
So expectations mean nothing to [some of] them.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Some of our cops shouldn't be carrying firearms.
At a break-in recently I helped a cop over a wall and he gave me his R4 to hold. When he came back, he had to shake dirt out of the barrel.
So expectations mean nothing to [some of] them.

True that... I've seen some scary things... but for those, things like this design feature would be meaningless, they wouldn't be able to hit a 40ft container from half a cm away.

STS

Mafia Detective
No need to do that my friend. here is the pic. I have to admit, it was much more difficult to "locate" a policeman willing to let me take a pic of his gun. Mind you, I gave up on the idea and looked for a police gun without a police man :D WTF That was actually easier. BUT I won't get into ANY further discussions regarding where and how I got hold of the picture!
Now, regarding the Z88 ambidextrous, safety pin issue. I am aware that none of you might have held such a pistol, never mind firing one. The thing is, if you FIRST put the fire arm on fire and THEN span the slide to insert a round into the chamber, there is a real possibility that you inadvertently end-up putting the gun BACK on safe! Especially under duress conditions when you have to act fast, the pistol will be MADE safe with the same move. This is a safety feature which works rather nicely and avoids unwanted firing but if you want to fire and span the gun AFTER putting the safety pin on fire, it might cost your life! Policeman are trained time and again to watch out for this but are still confused! And sorry I have disappointed some of you.
@STS did not expect you to act the way you acted. I am sorry bud :-(
View attachment 73951

you are awesome dude :D i really did not expect you to come back to us

*clears signature*

koeks525

Executive Member
Oh my goodness!! Eish now I am scared of catching Taxi's now!! And I thought the overloading, getting squashed by some big fat mama, the loose seats, torn up chairs, loud music was scary.

Okay I am using the bus now :D

intel8080

Banned
You know chaps, I am a bit shaken by this. I mean it took me less then a day and 100Euro to locate a pistol which I strongly believe is not where it should be. The bullets you see were showed to me as a brag. I am pretty sure, army and police do not use hollow point ammunition. Unfortunately the man in possession of the gun knows me now and made it very clear - if he gets into trouble it is me he will have to talk to. And trust me, you don't want that gentleman or any of his friends to come knocking at your door. It was a stupid thing for me to do :-( That much for internet bullienh. I won't get into any more discussions regarding this subject/incident. I wonder, how many 'lost' guns does the police have in a year?

ToxicBunny

You spent 100Euro to locate and see a pistol that isn't worth more than 700Euro BRAND spanking new?

Yeah, whatever dude.

azbob

Honorary Master
You know chaps, I am a bit shaken by this. I mean it took me less then a day and 100Euro to locate a pistol which I strongly believe is not where it should be. The bullets you see were showed to me as a brag. I am pretty sure, army and police do not use hollow point ammunition. Unfortunately the man in possession of the gun knows me now and made it very clear - if he gets into trouble it is me he will have to talk to. And trust me, you don't want that gentleman or any of his friends to come knocking at your door. It was a stupid thing for me to do :-( That much for internet bullienh. I won't get into any more discussions regarding this subject/incident. I wonder, how many 'lost' guns does the police have in a year?

I'm posting this image throughout the internet. Even going to send it to the papers along with a link to this page. The public needs to know how easy it is.

Lightscribe

Banned
No need to do that my friend. here is the pic. I have to admit, it was much more difficult to "locate" a policeman willing to let me take a pic of his gun. Mind you, I gave up on the idea and looked for a police gun without a police man :D WTF That was actually easier. BUT I won't get into ANY further discussions regarding where and how I got hold of the picture!
Now, regarding the Z88 ambidextrous, safety pin issue. I am aware that none of you might have held such a pistol, never mind firing one. The thing is, if you FIRST put the fire arm on fire and THEN span the slide to insert a round into the chamber, there is a real possibility that you inadvertently end-up putting the gun BACK on safe! Especially under duress conditions when you have to act fast, the pistol will be MADE safe with the same move. This is a safety feature which works rather nicely and avoids unwanted firing but if you want to fire and span the gun AFTER putting the safety pin on fire, it might cost your life! Policeman are trained time and again to watch out for this but are still confused! And sorry I have disappointed some of you.
View attachment 73951

Excellent point made. ;)

You spent 100Euro to locate and see a pistol that isn't worth more than 700Euro BRAND spanking new?

Yeah, whatever dude.

He made his point...How does humble pie taste..? Oh yes, you refuse to swallow... :p

ToxicBunny

Excellent point made. ;)

He made his point...How does humble pie taste..? Oh yes, you refuse to swallow... :p

No, I gave him credit for making his point...

His second post about internet bragging or whatever is complete bollocks.. It has sweet FA to do with humble pie.

froot

Honorary Master
View attachment 73951

You do realise though that civilians can also have the Z88, right? It's a locally produced fiream and I've seen a few guys with it. It's just not all that common.

Lightscribe

Banned
I'm posting this image throughout the internet. Even going to send it to the papers along with a link to this page. The public needs to know how easy it is.

SAPS also need to make sure, every person in SAPS knows and practices the "first cocking then making unsafe" move, until fluid.

shadow_man

Executive Member
You do realise though that civilians can also have the Z88, right? It's a locally produced fiream and I've seen a few guys with it. It's just not all that common.

+1 a colleague has one and he just told me you can modify it to shoot 3 bullets at once in a burst mode.

Apparently its a local clone of some sort of Baretta?

Lightscribe

Banned
No, I gave him credit for making his point...

His second post about internet bragging or whatever is complete bollocks.. It has sweet FA to do with humble pie.

He mentions "The bullets you see were showed to me as a brag." You cannot possibly judge how that person showed the bullets. intel8080 dealt with the person, not you. You come across as just peeved and trying to dismiss what he said, to minimize the middle finger he gave you, in proving his point.

froot

Honorary Master
+1 a colleague has one and he just told me you can modify it to shoot 3 bullets at once in a burst mode.

Apparently its a local clone of some sort of Baretta?

The Vector Z88 is Denel's version of the Beretta 92F, which is a phenomenal gun.
Same as with our R1 being a local manufacture of the FN-FAL.

I'm not sure as to the 3 bullet burst, haven't heard about that, but it would be illegal to either modify it to do that, or to possess one without the relevant license (which you won't be likely to get).

Edit: I googled, you can modify the Z88 to have a 3-round burst, but it won't be efficient. The 3-burst is actually from the Beretta 93R which has been modified with a heavier slide and some other extras to keep it accurate.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

He mentions "The bullets you see were showed to me as a brag." You cannot possibly judge how that person showed the bullets. intel8080 dealt with the person, not you. You come across as just peeved and trying to dismiss what he said, to minimize the middle finger he gave you, in proving his point.

The bullets are hollowpoint, they're available at any gunshop even in this country.

Lightscribe

Banned
The bullets are hollowpoint, they're available at any gunshop even in this country.

Again, he mentions "The bullets you see were showed to me as a brag." You cannot possibly judge how that person showed the bullets. intel8080 dealt with the person, not you.

If the person was showing the bullets off, as if something special, then intel8080 simply stated behavior he observed.

froot

Honorary Master

That too. Heck, we can buy or manufacture bullets just as we please. Except for tracers. Those are limited to military use.

ToxicBunny

Again, he mentions "The bullets you see were showed to me as a brag." You cannot possibly judge how that person showed the bullets. intel8080 dealt with the person, not you.

If the person was showing the bullets off, as if something special, then intel8080 simply stated behavior he observed.

Dude... The bullets are nothing special... They're shop bought rounds. If intel8080 thinks they're special then that's his problem, I'm commenting on reality. And spending a hundred euro for a post on a forum, please pull the other one