Terror in a Durban taxi

Solarion

Honorary Master
No, I gave him credit for making his point...

His second post about internet bragging or whatever is complete bollocks.. It has sweet FA to do with humble pie.

Depending on where he is in Europe and who he knows, it's very possible and highly likely to obtain a gun so easily. I'm the biggest sceptic about stuff but personal experience sways me to believe him.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
His location on this wonderful planet is up for much debate in my opinion

Lightscribe

Banned
Dude... The bullets are nothing special... They're shop bought rounds. If intel8080 thinks they're special then that's his problem, I'm commenting on reality. And spending a hundred euro for a post on a forum, please pull the other one

We know that. intel8080 knows that. He's mentioning the behavior of the person that showed him the bullets. You're commenting from a point of trying to lay the claim of "special", on intel8080...

If he did or did not spend money to prove his point, cannot be proven. Yet, your stance is that he is talking BS, which obviously seems to stem from the fact, that he proved his point.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

He actually didn't prove any point. He posted a picture of the firearm with some rounds and a little statement scribbled on paper and a description of this supposed issue that even the current trainers apparently don't know about.

Yes I call bs. The fact that you take issue with that is your own problem really and not mine.

Solarion

Honorary Master
His location on this wonderful planet is up for much debate in my opinion

Hell this is the interwebz who cares, it's not like some anon should have any bearing in your life or mine, unless you are planning on meeting up with him irl then who gives a crap. Ignore his posts if it bothers you that much :D

ToxicBunny

Hell this is the interwebz who cares, it's not like some anon should have any bearing in your life or mine, unless you are planning on meeting up with him irl then who gives a crap. Ignore his posts if it bothers you that much :D

The only reason his posts bother me is he will make massively unfounded claims against some very hardworking people in this country and that irritates me and can't go unchallenged

Solarion

Honorary Master
The only reason his posts bother me is he will make massively unfounded claims against some very hardworking people in this country and that irritates me and can't go unchallenged

Fair enough. Not been following him but at all but it in my book, and it goes without saying, anyone who can't provide evidence for a claim probably shouldn't be taken very seriously, but you knew that already having been on this forum for so long. Anyway time for a cold beer.

Lightscribe

Banned
He actually didn't prove any point. He posted a picture of the firearm with some rounds and a little statement scribbled on paper and a description of this supposed issue that even the current trainers apparently don't know about.

Yes I call bs. The fact that you take issue with that is your own problem really and not mine.

I would say he went out of his way, to make a point in as civil a way as possible. So, you spoke to all firearms trainers familiar with this particular weapon and they don't know about it? Interesting... :p Seems intel8080 is familiar with the weapon and it's particular issue.

You are the one making BS statements, by claiming his info is BS, without being able to prove it.

froot

Honorary Master
Colour me impressed, I expected you to just disappear.

But what you are saying, is that its a big problem that the gun can potentially go back into safety if you manually pull back on the slider? I would not classify this as the big world-shattering issue you seem to make it out to be. I would also question your assertion that the "trainers" don't know about it.

I would expect most cops to carry their weapon with one-up tbh.

What he is referring to, and he's just got his wording down bad, is the type of safety that the Z88 has. It has a slide-mounted safety, instead of the normal frame-mounted safety. A few guns have it, such as the Beretta 92S.

What happens, is if you grab the slide and pull it back, you could inadvertently bump the safety into the safe position.
To stop this from happening, you can a)grab the slide AND the safety, so it won't move, or b)keep your gun-hand's index finger next to the safety and then pull back the slide (this will push the safety against said index finger) and it won't go into the safe position.

This isn't to say though, that a)the cop fell foul to this or b)that the cop even had a Z88 on him. It is standard issue but a number of cops have other weapons.

And as to carrying one-up, it's personal preference, but it would make sense for a cop to carry one-up - quicker to fire and you have an extra round in the gun.

Or he must be referring to the old South Africa :D
Do you chaps know the "issue" with the mostly used police pistol in South Africa? This has saved and killed lots of people. If you are properly trained counts in your favor. If not . . . The 'old' policeman know about it. The new ones - even the trainers seem to have forgotten it. WTF

Oh, but as to training officers not knowing (or have forgotten) about this, I call a serious BS on that one.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

The amazement is due to him not doing good on a lot of other things :p but he made an effort this time

Yeah he made an effort, and I will give him that...

But the training officers aspect, I call BS in the extreme.

ToxicBunny

What he is referring to, and he's just got his wording down bad, is the type of safety that the Z88 has. It has a slide-mounted safety, instead of the normal frame-mounted safety. A few guns have it, such as the Beretta 92S.

What happens, is if you grab the slide and pull it back, you could inadvertently bump the safety into the safe position.
To stop this from happening, you can a)grab the slide AND the safety, so it won't move, or b)keep your gun-hand's index finger next to the safety and then pull back the slide (this will push the safety against said index finger) and it won't go into the safe position.

This isn't to say though, that a)the cop fell foul to this or b)that the cop even had a Z88 on him. It is standard issue but a number of cops have other weapons.

And as to carrying one-up, it's personal preference, but it would make sense for a cop to carry one-up - quicker to fire and you have an extra round in the gun.

Oh, but as to training officers not knowing (or have forgotten) about this, I call a serious BS on that one.

I kinda of gathered what he was saying... but I still don't think this is a big problem with the gun, its a known design feature of the gun. The officers would be trained on the weapon due to it being standard issue.

froot

Honorary Master
I kinda of gathered what he was saying... but I still don't think this is a big problem with the gun, its a known design feature of the gun. The officers would be trained on the weapon due to it being standard issue.

Correct. It's not a big problem with the gun at all, seeing as it's a standard feature on a number of popular weapons.
And yeah... it would be the first thing they'd teach you when training you on that firearm.