Tesla announces 31% drop in quarterly car sales

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tesla announces 31% drop in quarterly car sales

Tesla has announced that it sold approximately 63,000 vehicles in the first quarter of 2019 – a 31% drop compared to the previous quarter.

According to the company, “a massive increase in deliveries in Europe and China” and “many challenges encountered for the first time” saw it deliver half this quarter’s vehicle sales by 21 March.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Wonder when they will arrive in SA....

While Musk has said off-hand that SA will get Tesla at some point, I wouldn't hold your breath. Electricity is an issue here, we have no existing charging network, such a network would cost a fortune considering the size of this country, in places like Pretoria and Joburg it would not be safe to chill somewhere while your car charges etc. etc.

SA is far from being a good place to own an electric vehicle.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Porsche had a 38% rise in sales last year. People like the smell of petrol in the morning.

Fjorko

Expert Member
While Musk has said off-hand that SA will get Tesla at some point, I wouldn't hold your breath. Electricity is an issue here, we have no existing charging network, such a network would cost a fortune considering the size of this country, in places like Pretoria and Joburg it would not be safe to chill somewhere while your car charges etc. etc.

SA is far from being a good place to own an electric vehicle.
Yep - exactly what i thought - the safety aspect is a real problem. Also cant see Autopilot will work here with the way the taxis drive - no autopilot can be trained to deal with them. So sad really that progress here is stifled due to crime/corruption and other 3rd world issues. These are the sort of things we will never experience, unless we emigrate to a 1st world country.