Tesla launches new energy storage product

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Tesla launches new energy storage product

Tesla has announced a new energy storage product named Megapack which is modelled after the large-scale battery installation it constructed in Australia.

Megapack aims to reduce the complexity of large-scale battery storage solutions by providing an easy installation and connection process.

Happy Days

So the ideal solution would be to pair this with all the solar farms to deliver electricity 24/7?

Mars

Honorary Master
All just pipe dreams for places like ours.
Why do you say that?
I think we are going to see more massive solar farms in the eastern cape (in addition to the existing ones) in the next couple of years. As electricity is getting more and more expensive and solar becomes more affordable the option of solar generators becomes obvious.
I think we will see the another huge price increase in addition to the return of loadshedding come summer.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Why do you say that?
I think we are going to see more massive solar farms in the eastern cape (in addition to the existing ones) in the next couple of years. As electricity is getting more and more expensive and solar becomes more affordable the option of solar generators becomes obvious.
I think we will see the another huge price increase in addition to the return of loadshedding come summer.
unions: You wanna what without eskom, now?
unions: Hold my beer
*anc steps up and gladly holds beer while the unions riot "protest" the fck out of some infrastructure*

Mars

Honorary Master
unions: You wanna what without eskom, now?
unions: Hold my beer
*anc steps up and gladly holds beer while the unions riot "protest" the fck out of some infrastructure*
Nersa has prohibited Eskom from being involved with any renewable energy generator, so any solar farms are either municipal or private sector initiatives so the unions cant have much to say about that.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Nersa has prohibited Eskom from being involved with any renewable energy generator, so any solar farms are either municipal or private sector initiatives so the unions cant have much to say about that.
That's the thing, though...the unions will always have something to say or do ... (-_-)