Tesla to offer aggressive Autopilot mode with a "slight chance of a fender-bender"

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Happy Days

Is Elon Musk trying to actively sabotage Tesla? Comments like that will most definitely piss off the investors.

gamer16

Honorary Master
They really have done themselves a disservice calling it autopilot, they should have called it driver assist or something, but then again that wouldn't sell as well.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Another Boeing 737 Max in the making? Another CEO with no regard for safety and human life? The two obviously play golf together.
I hope that the car never makes it on to our roads while I am alive.

SilverCode

Is Elon Musk trying to actively sabotage Tesla? Comments like that will most definitely piss off the investors.
It isn't outside the realm of possibility. He has previously stated that he regrets taking Tesla public. If the share price tanks, he could buy shares cheaply and make it private again.

Bonk

I think the best thing for Tesla would be for Musk to step down. The more I read some of the things he says the more irrational he sounds.

R13...

Honorary Master
It isn't outside the realm of possibility. He has previously stated that he regrets taking Tesla public. If the share price tanks, he could buy shares cheaply and make it private again.
Sure he's made a few billion taking it public he'd not have seen if he'd not? True if he could convince some sheikh to buy in he'd still get to keep or make more but at the moment he's better off keeping it public. Of course there's a chance it tanks because most of its value doesn't looked earned from results and with competition revving up he's in for a rough ride. Their share price looks too expensive at the moment I think.