Tesla to reveal electric bakkie this month

Hanno Labuschagne

Expert Member
Staff member
Tesla to reveal electric bakkie this month

Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced that the company will reveal its electric pickup truck at a Los Angeles event on 21 November.

Tesla originally announced that it would add a bakkie to its line-up in 2017.

Musk has dubbed the vehicle the "Cybertruck" and teased some details about it at Tesla's annual shareholders' meeting in June.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Any indication at all when Tesla is coming to SA? I thought this was on their roadmap and Musk announced it ages ago.

Colin62

Executive Member
Any indication at all when Tesla is coming to SA? I thought this was on their roadmap and Musk announced it ages ago.
He lied and/or changed his mind. Last I heard was that he was whining because the government wouldn’t give him a tax break to make obscene profits by using our money to discount his products.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I like the cyberpunk idea. It is something out of place too early for its time and era. I have always believed classic designs will come back in the far future, but this bakkie from Tesla is bringing fiction to now. It isn't unaffordable, for Americans, either. This bakkie is going to be a hit for those living out of place.

I watched the presentation of it, just reminded me of Aliens for some reason of the other. It looks like something used on some or other remote colony.

If I could, I would preorder with the ATV included.