Test your speed and win prizes worth R5,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruz

We are giving away prizes worth R5,000 to encourage you to do a speed test and rate your ISP. To enter:
Bonus Entry (You can win an Amazon Kindle)
  • Test your ISP speed over Wi-Fi (not your mobile network) using the MyBroadband Speed Test App on your smartphone
  • Post a screenshot of the test and ISP rating here.
The giveaway will run until Friday 21 February 2020 and the winners will be announced shortly afterwards.

CharlieSmith

We are giving away prizes worth R5,000 to encourage you to do a speed test and rate your ISP. To enter:
Bonus Entry (You can win an Amazon Kindle)
  • Test your ISP speed over Wi-Fi (not your mobile network) using the MyBroadband Speed Test App on your smartphone
  • Post a screenshot of the test and ISP rating here.
The giveaway will run until Friday 21 February 2020 and the winners will be announced shortly afterwards.

Since we got fibre last year, we usually do a speed test every day to verify the network performance. An app shows the real-time network traffic graph. The graph clearly shows the download data and thereafter the upload data for the test, with a 15 second duration for each of both tests. No other apps are active which affect the network traffic.

Since about December, I have noticed something strange with some tests: The graph for the download data is normal, but the graph for the upload data just keeps on going at the same rate that was achieved during the test, lasting in total for about 30 to 40 seconds.

The question is: What is being uploaded from my system to the MyBroadband servers after the test data ? Those extra 20 seconds is enough time to upload a fairly detailed profile of my system's hardware and software and also some other private information.

Bizat

ISP: rain
Ping: 34ms
Download: 50.28Mbps
Upload: 19.58Mbps

Capture 4.JPG

Bizat

ISP: rain
Ping: 27ms
Download: 49.54Mbps
Upload: 15.48Mbps
Rating: 5/5