Test Yourself for Madness

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
Add points for every time you fit the description.

1.)You often talk to yourself (yes this includes praying) (2 points)

2.)You take yourself very seriously. (3 points)

3.)You would die for what you believe in. (100 points)

4.)You almost never change your mind on any topic. (10 points)

5.)You actively seek people that agree with your point of view and spend most of your time agreeing with one another. (2 points)

6.)You almost never try to find out the other side of an argument (this is if you even know that there is another side) and if you do you spend a minimal time understanding and a maximum amount of time claiming that you do but disagree. (1 point)

7.)You believe in things that cannot be seen, heard, touch or really be experienced by your average person. (45 points)

8.) You believe almost everything you read. (5 points)

9.) You build your opinions around what your parents told you. (100 points)

10.) You live the life which your parents created for you. (1 point)

11.) You respect all authority, not on merit... just plain respect authority. (10 points)

12.) You base all moral decisions on your holy book. (10 points)

13.) You don't have too many friends, and those you do always agree with you. (2 points)

14.) You are not mad. (100 points)

okay now tally up your score

What does my score mean?

0-5 points means your generally a very cool person, no real madness

5-9 points means you need to go and try to read a book, move out of your mom's house and get a girl/boy friend and if not you are on the verge of going to an asylum

9 and above points means you are plain mad, you need to book yourself in at the closest institution and try and help yourself.

Last edited:

ld13

Honorary Master
This rating table is a bit sensitive I see...

For instance: "7.)You believe in things that cannot be seen, heard, touch or really be experienced by your average person."

In IT one sometimes have to just 'believe' in stuff. Great, so now I'm mad because I'm in IT? haha!

Hyfid

Well in all fairness point me in the direction of the nearest institute

P

Picard

Looks like Braveheart was a raving lunatic.

Or should I rate myself on a scale of the points provided at each question. For example no. 4 - on a scale of 1-10
Or no.7 on a scale of 1-45

????

Devill

Damned
Wow monkey seems to be ready for debate.........:rolleyes:

6.)You almost never try to find out the other side of an argument (this is if you even know that there is another side) and if you do you spend a minimal time understanding and a maximum amount of time claiming that you do but disagree. (1 point)
Mmmm you kinda do that don't you monkey?

Sorry i have just seen your posts so im not trying to be silly, just my opinion.

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
Looks like Braveheart was a raving lunatic.

Or should I rate myself on a scale of the points provided at each question. For example no. 4 - on a scale of 1-10
Or no.7 on a scale of 1-45

????
No you get either full marks or nothing for each number

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
I am def on the mad end of the scale... I think most people are... its just a good way of gauging how mad you are and trying to lower your score. As they say... the first step is admitting you have a problem ;)

pjoub06

Dude your test is flawed...dark matter cannot be seen/heard/experiences by the average person. Lots of stars cannot be seen/heard/experienced by the average person yet I believe they are there.My brain cannot be seen/heard by the average person yet I believe its there. Other people cannot know 100% if I am a robot or a human being. But other than that I have 2 points.

Devill

Damned
Dude your test is flawed...dark matter cannot be seen/heard/experiences by the average person. Lots of stars cannot be seen/heard/experienced by the average person yet I believe they are there.My brain cannot be seen/heard by the average person yet I believe its there. Other people cannot know 100% if I am a robot or a human being. But other than that I have 2 points.
+1 :rolleyes:

Just_Ice

Executive Member
I agree, monkey is just looking for a friend :D

Jonny Two Shoes

Expert Member
Other people cannot know 100% if I am a robot or a human being

There's your problem right there :p you are not mad :D

The only problem with that last question is if you say you are not mad you lose, if you admit that you are mad you still lose :/ so no matter who takes this test everybody is mad. :p

Devill

Damned
Other people cannot know 100% if I am a robot or a human being

There's your problem right there :p you are not mad :D

The only problem with that last question is if you say you are not mad you lose, if you admit that you are mad you still lose :/ so no matter who takes this test everybody is mad. :p
issie jy's mal man :p

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
I think the active term is 'believe'... in other words you have no base for your assumption. The brain is a fact, stars are a fact. Dark matter is not a fact... it is a hypothesis... atoms are similarly not visible but their characteristics are visible and evident. I think there is a line. I dunno I didn't come up with the test.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Add points for every time you fit the description.

1.)You often talk to yourself (yes this includes praying) (2 points)

2.)You take yourself very seriously. (3 points)

3.)You would die for what you believe in. (100 points)

4.)You almost never change your mind on any topic. (10 points)

5.)You actively seek people that agree with your point of view and spend most of your time agreeing with one another. (2 points)

7.)You believe in things that cannot be seen, heard, touch or really be experienced by your average person. (45 points)

8.) You believe almost everything you read. (5 points)

9.) You build your opinions around what your parents told you. (100 points)

10.) You live the life which your parents created for you. (1 point)

11.) You respect all authority, not on merit... just plain respect authority. (10 points)

12.) You base all moral decisions on your holy book. (10 points)

13.) You don't have too many friends, and those you do always agree with you. (2 points)

14.) You are not mad. (100 points)

okay now tally up your score

What does my score mean?

0-5 points means your generally a very cool person, no real madness

5-9 points means you need to go and try to read a book, move out of your mom's house and get a girl/boy friend and if not you are on the verge of going to an asylum

9 and above points means you are plain mad, you need to book yourself in at the closest institution and try and help yourself.
Yeah, someone was trying to be silly, but it's so stupid that it's offensive.

Anyone with a set of eyes can see this is an attempt to bash religion. And it hardly tries to conform with any realistic definition of madness. Infact, I'd rather say, your madness can be calculated by the degree to which you follow this stupid test.

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
Yeah, someone was trying to be silly, but it's so stupid that it's offensive.

Anyone with a set of eyes can see this is an attempt to bash religion. And it hardly tries to conform with any realistic definition of madness. Infact, I'd rather say, your madness can be calculated by the degree to which you follow this stupid test.
It doesnt take much to figure that out. I got it from a website that openly bashes religion. This was a test for religious madness. ;)