Testbunnies required for my app similar to RouteSentry

NomNom

Executive Member
This program wouldn't by any chance work with Cybersmart? Because when I want to use my local cap I click an option on the Cybersmart webpage that gives me a new IP address after about 2min+- which is then my local account.

Pada

Executive Member
Unfortunately I don't know how Cybersmart connections work.
All I know is that you have to have a SEPARATE network interface/connection (eg. PPPoE Connection, VPN or Network Card) for the local connection if you want to split the international from the local traffic.

Last edited:

wikus

Another thing, if you wanted to add specific routes to your Local interface, rather add those route entries to the auxroutes.dat or aux2routes.dat - simply because then you can always just update your localroutes.dat from http://developers.locality.co.za/routes-rs.txt without losing your custom route entries. This way, you have to select the same interface both as an Local interface & auxilary interface though. I've done exactly this in the screenshot, given in my first post.
This is awesome, as I've wanted to do this numerous times but stopped at the thought of losing it all when I update my routing db.

wikus

This program wouldn't by any chance work with Cybersmart? Because when I want to use my local cap I click an option on the Cybersmart webpage that gives me a new IP address after about 2min+- which is then my local account.
Why not just ask Cybersmart to split your accounts into separate connections for local and international

edg3

After chatting with Pada the source changes I made werent necesary. Leaving the stuff to Pada now though.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Pada

Executive Member
I know this is weird, but create a new PPPoE or VPN connection and choose the option to "Allow other people to use this connection". You don't need to create one with valid credentials though. Once you've created one which is accessible to everyone, you can delete it again and then try to run the application again.

I'll try to speak to the developers of DotRas about this bug of theirs.

Now the XP build should also work on Windows Vista/7.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

:eek: It works! That is the weirdest workaround I have ever seen though.
EDIT: Another problem. It runs but it only shows my LAN connections and not PPPoE.

Last edited:

Pada

Executive Member
Thanks Pseudonym. W.m meantioned exactly the same.

I've now released Beta 5 which should fix that issue.
Setup: http://traffic-splitter.googlecode.com/files/TrafficSplitterBeta5.zip

Changes from Beta 4 - 5:
* Fixed crash when either current user or all users' phone books doesn't exist
* Removed the connect all interfaces from the "Set up Routes" button
* Now catching all uncaught errors in the main thread

Pseudonym

Local not routing through local connection. My setup is: Mega 105WR in half-bridge, local WA account on router, international Telkom account PPPoE through Windows 7 32-bit. I tested it using the whatsmyip links from stroebs' routesentry guide.

Pada

Executive Member
Shot thanks Flippy. I've tested it myself in Win7 x64 in VirtualBox :)
Beta 5 should work on all Windows versions newer than Windows XP.

I've included buttons that quickly take you to notepad to edit the list of routes. Some of you might ask where's the button to edit the local routes...
I explicitly wanted the app not to allow you to change it, since that list is suppose to be automatically updated and not to be modified. Instead, select the same network interface for Auxilary, that you've selected for Local. Then you can simply edit the Auxiliary interface' routes.

When editing the routes, you're welcome to add comments above or next to the IP address,netmask. I'm using regular expressions to filter out the IP address & netmask, so you could actually write your comment right next (without a space even) to the IP address and the app would filter out the IP address & netmask correctly.
eg.
Code:
# Web Africa News servers
196.220.59.30,255.255.255.255 Currently offline

Last edited: