Testing radiation bleed from a microwave, compared to the radiation from a 5G tower

Brian_G

Executive Member
I think it's about 5G frequencies and that effect, not so much strength. But don't quote me.

The concern is the 60 GHz version, apparently not used here though.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I think it's about 5G frequencies and that effect, not so much strength. But don't quote me.

P2P links, very narrow.

BetaProject

If the strength of the radiation is low enough to be below the safe levels, the frequency shouldn't matter. Whether it's 2.4GHz or 60GHz, if the radiation cannot transfer enough energy to cause harm, it becomes a non-issue, in my mind. I might be very mistaken, of course, I'm an informed layman at best in these matters. To make a bad comparison, a small pebble traveling at high speed (more energy) can cause more damage than a large stone tossed gently in your direction.

Brian_G

Executive Member
If the strength of the radiation is low enough to be below the safe levels, the frequency shouldn't matter. Whether it's 2.4GHz or 60GHz, if the radiation cannot transfer enough energy to cause harm, it becomes a non-issue, in my mind. I might be very mistaken, of course, I'm an informed layman at best in these matters. To make a bad comparison, a small pebble traveling at high speed (more energy) can cause more damage than a large stone tossed gently in your direction.
You make sense.
However, any transmission for outside use will be at some degree of influencial power IMO. This frequency is supposed to violate oxygen molecules I'm told, and hasn't been reasonably tested according to the beliefs posted.

Moosedrool

Executive Member

This is below the wavelength of visible light. IE non ionising,

Imagine the crazy radiation from a 430 terahertz tower. :eek:

Oh wait that's just red light.

You make sense.
However, any transmission for outside use will be at some degree of influencial power IMO. This frequency is supposed to violate oxygen molecules I'm told, and hasn't been reasonably tested according to the beliefs posted.

How? What could a 5mm wavelength possibly do to atoms apart from heating them up at extreme amplitudes like a microwave?

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Can an expert tell me what is the difference in object receiving microwave signals compared from the perspective of the ability to select or not......

I hope you understand my question, Perspectives given
1-Equipment usually tuned to a specific frequency and detect and work on that...
2-Test equipment detects/search or set to a frequency, detect and can measure strength...
3-The human body=THe human body is not piece of equipment neither a piece of test equipment, and can only detect what its basic sences with ranges allow it to do, however all the rest of the frequencies are not detectable, you would not pick up that frequency out of your range, but it can go through your body from multiple sources.
I would like to know how this are measured if possible at all from the perspective of inside your body cells etc and not from a piece of Test Equipment you hold in your hand, the area around you are flooded with frequencies going throught your body not detected by it...?

Equipment work by ignoring frequencies, but can your body ignore it, all of it...-?
After this one can go deeper and argu how all these frequencies going through your body may amplify each other for short periods lined up in some place in your body as is pass through in a certain patterm in a fraction of overlap in time and how that is measured-?.

Last edited:

Brian_G

Executive Member
However, any transmission for outside use will be at some degree of influencial power IMO.
Just to add - not usually applicable if it's narrow directional.

How? What could a 5mm wavelength possibly do to atoms apart from heating them up at extreme amplitudes like a microwave?
No idea. Harmonics perhaps, if possible at all.

Totempole

Expert Member
I once tried putting my phone in the microwave to see if it could still be contactable by WiFi or Mobile.

Indeed it can, and the signal strength doesn't appear to drop that much either.

hj007

Expert Member
What is the max of a phone these days?

Will any of this matter when we start IoT on every item in the house? I want to Google things like "where are my keys".

The_MAC

Executive Member
Radiation is cumulative..

Not only in terms of transient exposure, but also in terms of all the radiation sources around us. It's not 1 phone, it's 10, it's not 1 base-station it's 100's, it's not 1 WiFi AP, it's 10's..

Last edited: