Testing Vodacom and MTN along the Route 62

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

beans100

Honorary Master
Rain in Barrydale? How? Doesn't even show on their coverage map. Worcester, that's 20 times bigger than that little town, doesn't even get Rain.

Reactions: Jan

cavedog

Honorary Master
Rain in Barrydale? How? Doesn't even show on their coverage map. Worcester, that's 20 times bigger than that little town, doesn't even get Rain.
Map is very slow to update. Do a manual network search for 65538 and 65519 :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
How does that work. Why would rain not want to keep map updated
I don't think it's about they don't want. If a new sit goes live it's probably a month or so then map gets updated.

Empangeni had coverage for over a month before the map on the website showed coverage. I think once the site is tested and working then they pass that on to dev team that needs to update website.

Captain Beer

Executive Member
Map is very slow to update. Do a manual network search for 65538 and 65519 :)
I know those are the PLMN codes, any idea what the difference is between the two? I'm switching a friend over from ADSL to Rain and I receive both these codes at her location.

Summaya

Hi,
Vodacom, MTN and Telkom need to check their coverage on the R74 GREYTOWN, all the way up to Lake Merthley, thier coverage really sucks

deweyzeph

Executive Member
The coverage at Ronnie's Sex Shop is shocking on all networks, surprised they didn't test that.