Thanks Telkom

deesef

Expert Member
I received an email from Telkom, stating:

Great news! As a valued Telkom customer, we have decided to upgrade your existing 20Mbps fibre speed to 50Mbps at no extra cost to you. That means more than double the speed for the same price you’re paying now.

Before the covid upgrades, I was on 10 meg fibre. In June/July last year, the speed increased to 20 meg. A few months later it increased again to 50 meg. Now it appears that that 50 meg is here to stay.

SHL

Expert Member

Great news! As a valued Telkom customer, we have decided to upgrade your existing 20Mbps fibre speed to 50Mbps at no extra cost to you. That means more than double the speed for the same price you’re paying now.

Before the covid upgrades, I was on 10 meg fibre. In June/July last year, the speed increased to 20 meg. A few months later it increased again to 50 meg. Now it appears that that 50 meg is here to stay.
What are you currently paying per month for fibre?

StoneCold

Expert Member

Yeah man, Telkom / Openserve really not that bad when it comes to fibre. They really competitive price wise since March this year compared to Vumatel and Frogfoot :)

deesef

Expert Member
What are you currently paying per month for fibre?
I'm on a discontinued unlimited product that includes unlimited calls to Telkom mobile and fixed line numbers, as well as a SIM with 2 gig LTE data. Cost is R800 pm

ponder

Honorary Master
I'm on a discontinued unlimited product that includes unlimited calls to Telkom mobile and fixed line numbers, as well as a SIM with 2 gig LTE data. Cost is R800 pm

I'm on the same product but initially signed up for it on adsl at 4Mbs and got 1gb lte data, when I moved there was no adsl so they just transferred it over to fiber. They upgraded that to 10Mbs and this morning I got notified via sms it was upgraded to 25/25 which is cool.

badtrev

I got a message today saying I will be upgraded from 50 to 100, got the upgrade from 20 to 50 earlier this year.