That R149 pm MTN 50GB deal from Black Friday 2016: the end is nigh...

Allo, allo!

Who here on the forum got that amazing deal? R149 a month for 50GB and 10 000 MTN to MTN minutes was a steal. Been loving it, pitty it cant be renewed! Only a few months of it left, but I see I can upgrade now...although the new packages/deals are nowhere near what this contract had...

So I wanted to check with all that got this deal, what are you guys moving on to? Anything out there that comes close to this, or is great value for money? Doubt there is anything remotely close to this now but I need a new phone soon and at least 10GB a month... :whistling:

Cheers ;)

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
So that's R2.98/GB.

TM has 200GB + 200GB for R1055 (12 month validity). That's R2.6/GB (or R5.2/GB day-time only).

cool_gi

doubt we will get anywere close to this deal again. took one out myself. very handy. waited for it again last year(or something similar) to renew my wifes contract. no such luck. all their normal deals just discounted by like 5-10%.

sand_man

Honorary Master

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
im going to drop to the month to month 50 gig for around R350pm

going to definitely miss the free minutes and stuff

cool_gi

This was the greatest deal of all time, period!!!! Got 3, 1 for each family member! There is absolutely nothing comparable on the market at the mo. I'll hold out till the November black Friday promo's and see what is offered.

We all have dual sim cell phone so will possibly go for a Cell C 200gb/R2000 pdata only package...

Or possibly TM freeme family package....

https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/personal/plan/freeme-family-30-gb/#!k=plan-slider-24941
i waited for last years black friday... carried on waiting and will wait for this years.

Last edited:
Yeah agreed, was one helluva deal. Heard they made a huge loss on that promotion and thats why it didnt come back with last year's Black Friday. Doubt it will make a return, but like last year I will still hope and check! :D These Black Friday "deals" have been mostly pathetic the last couple of years.

Saw a 20GB deal on MTN site, works out to around R22 a gig...meh, R450 a month...will hold onto this contract until the last day...