That R149 pm MTN 50GB deal from Black Friday 2016: the end is nigh...

epah

Did anybody else get debited less? I was on the R200pm package my debit order went off last night and they only took R188

Last edited:

Jules0076

So I get the message for my data allocation but alas I get NOTHING. Call Mtn they say a Tower is down so will rectify the matter in 24hrs. I call again today after 72hrs of no Data and get told deal was only for 22mths and not 24mths !!!!!! If that was the case why did I get Data last month ? Something is not right here

Tinfoil Hat on : I think this is part of MTN's marketing strategy to get people to start feeling data withdrawal symptoms considering we now have many thousand Data Addicts. Carefully groomed over the last 24 months. This will then encourage people to quickly sign up for the personalised offers they're apparently going to SMS to people. Or at least get renewals from people holding on till Black Friday.

Puri

Allo, allo!

Who here on the forum got that amazing deal? R149 a month for 50GB and 10 000 MTN to MTN minutes was a steal. Been loving it, pitty it cant be renewed! Only a few months of it left, but I see I can upgrade now...although the new packages/deals are nowhere near what this contract had...

So I wanted to check with all that got this deal, what are you guys moving on to? Anything out there that comes close to this, or is great value for money? Doubt there is anything remotely close to this now but I need a new phone soon and at least 10GB a month... :whistling:

Cheers ;)
Received this sms from mtn:
Y'ello! You are currently opted out of MTN marketing messaging. Unless you opt in you will lose out on receiving a personalised offer for your expiring 50GB promotion. To Opt back in and receive a personalised UPGRADE offer reply OPTIN. #wegotu. T&C's Apply.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Very very interesting to see what offers they make... Don't want to get my hopes up. Doubt we will see anything vaguely in the R3 per gb category. I'm hopeful we'll see something in the region of R5-R7 per gig but even that is probably optimistic...

Realistically I think we'll get around R15 per gig...

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Very very interesting to see what offers they make... Don't want to get my hopes up. Doubt we will see anything vaguely in the R3 per gb category. I'm hopeful we'll see something in the region of R5-R7 per gig but even that is probably optimistic...

Realistically I think we'll get around R15 per gig...
yeah maybe R10 per gig ..but i think this time it will be a mixed deal

maybe 25+25 for like R300

Reaper84

Expert Member
You need to have a company number and apply via the company. I also tried last month as the deals look way better but alas :sneaky:

I only got this offer sent to one of my 50gb numbers. Does anyone know if half of that data is night express?

Last edited: