The 2013-13 Premier Soccer League thread

Kbeat

Because Baxter had a bigger and stronger squad to work with. He is also the more experianced coach. I think that given what he had to work with Johnson did a better job. He will finish 2nd in the league, and made the Nedbank Cup semis. For Platinum Stars, that's an amazing season.

True, amazing for Platinum stars but thats doesn't mean Cavin was a better coach than Baxter. Had Baxter had an influence in purchasing of players and this being his 2nd or 3rd season I would agree with you. But Baxter won the league and he is in a cup final . Something most Sundowns coaches failed to do in the past 6 years with the best material they have. Good squad doenst guarantee results.

Kbeat

I am travelling to Mbombela-Nelspruit tomorrow to celebrate with Amakhosi fans. On Sunday is my birthday and I started to celbrate from the 1st when I flew to Cape Town for the Ajax/Chiefs game, even though we lost but I still had lost of fun. Next weekend I am off to Durban for the cup final.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Leopards are run like a spaza. Always have, they need to professionalize to be sustainable.

They are, but I would like Limpopo to still have a team. The team should have much better owners though.

I'm hoping that Ajax stay up, Chippa finish 16th and go down, and that Leopards go into the play-offs.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Chiefs lost and Platiunum Stars won, so Chiefs win the league by 1 point. Black Leopards are relegated, and Chippa go into the play-off.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The NFD ended yesterday, and Polokwane City is the league champion, and has been promoted to the PSL. Santos finished 2nd and Mpumalanga Black Aces 3rd, and both of them will join Chippa in the play-offs. These results are not final, as the NFD still has outstanding disciplinary cases.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The PSL/NFD play-off draw has been done.

Fixtures:
29 May Chippa United vs Santos
1 June Mpumalanga Black Aces vs Chippa United
20 June Santos vs Mpumalanga Black Aces
23 June Santos vs Chippa United
26 June Chippa Unites vs Mpumalanga Black Aces
29 June Mpumalanga Black Aces vs Santos

I'm not completely against play-offs, but this set up takes too long.

Kbeat

Nedbank cup final is going to be a cracker. I am ready for my trip to Durban. Its going to be boring without football.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Nedbank cup final is going to be a cracker. I am ready for my trip to Durban. Its going to be boring without football.

Yes sadly Saturday is the last day of the local football season.

Kick off is at 3pm, and by 6pm it will all be over until 2013-14 gets started in August.

With the league done, these are the average attendances:

1 Kaizer Chiefs 17 813
2 Orlando Pirates 11 964
3 Mamelodi Sundowns 9 928
4 Bloemfontein Celtic 9 598
5 Ajax Cape Town 9 592
6 Maritzburg United 6 966
7 Supersport United 5 723
8 Golden Arrows 5 600
9 Chippa United 5 062
10 Bidvest Wits 4 218
11 University of Pretoria 3 995
12 Amazulu 3 964
13 Free State Stars 3 353
14 Morokka Swallows 3 200
15 Platinum Stars 3 038
16 Black Leopards 2 953

Overall average: 6 722

That is down from last season's 7 077 and 2010-11's 8 324.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Parker scored in extra time to win it for Chiefs, 1-0 over SSU. And with that, 2012-13 is done. Well done Kaizer Chiefs on the Nedbank Cup win.

R13...

Honorary Master
Khune won Player and Players' Player of the Season
Baxter Coach of the Season
Goal of the season (R50000): Mor Diouf of SuperSport United
Top goal scorer (R25000): Katlego Mashego of Swallows
Nedbank Cup promising young player (R40000): Tshepo Gumede of Platinum Stars
Telkom Knockout player of the tournament (R200000): Joel Mogorosi of Bloemfontein Celtic
MTN8 player of the tournament (R80000): Lerato Chabangu of Swallows
Referee of the season (R50000): Victor Gomes

I thought the goal of the season should have that Free State Stars one against Chiefs.

Fuma

Executive Member
I thought the goal of the season should have that Free State Stars one against Chiefs.
I didn't see the nominees, but if you are talking about that one scored by Tefera Fikru, I agree.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The full list of winners:

ABSA Premiership Footballer of the Season: Itumeleng Khune

ABSA Premiership Coach of the Season: Stuart Baxter

Golden Boot Award: Katlego Mashego

Absa-lutely Awesome Goal of the Season: Mor Diouf

ABSA Premiership Young Player of the Season: Ronwen Williams

ABSA Premiership Goalkeeper of the Season: Itumeleng Khune

ABSA Premiership Players' Player of the Season: Itumeleng Khune

Chairman's Award: Polokwane City

Nedbank Cup Player of the Tournament: Itumeleng Khune

Nedbank Cup Most Promising: Tshepo Gumede

TKO Player of the Tournament: Joel Mogorosi (Celtic)

MTN8 Last Man Standing Award: Lerato Chabangu

Match Officials:

Referee of the Season: Victor Gomes

Assistant Referee of the Season: Enoch Molefe

News24

Hopefully the NFD can get it's issues sorted, and then the play offs can get started.

R13...

Honorary Master
I didn't see the nominees, but if you are talking about that one scored by Tefera Fikru, I agree.

Yes that's the one. The goal picked as winner was more of a lucky goal where the guy saw that the keeper was off the line. The Fikru goal was even better than the Peter Crouch one.

thijei

Yes that's the one. The goal picked as winner was more of a lucky goal where the guy saw that the keeper was off the line. The Fikru goal was even better than the Peter Crouch one.

It still required a lot of skill, the others were also good but I think the decision to award this as the best was fair

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The season is done, but I think that everyone saw this one coming:

Johannesburg - SuperSport United coach Gavin Hunt has been released from his contract two years early, the club announced on Wednesday.

Hunt has signed a long term contract with Bidvest Wits, it was finally confirmed on Wednesday ending months of speculation.

News24

I wonder how much Wits paid to get him released. Poor Clive Barker, he did such a good job, and now he's getting the boot.

Cool E

Expert Member
- Leopards fired coaches
- They will start using Thohoyandou Stadium and Makhuvha Stadium as alternatives
- Core squad wants to remain with the team
- New coach to be announced before 25 June