The 2013-13 Premier Soccer League thread

cr@zydude

Executive Member
SSU won convincingly, 3-0. Plenty of drama though. Benni talked himself into a red card, and saldy, Pirates 'supporters' ended up throwing stuff onto the field.

Last edited:

cr@zydude

Executive Member
This week it's back to league action.

PSL fixtures:

Friday
20:00 Ajax CT vs Platinum Stars Cape Town Stadium (SS4)

Saturday
15:00 FS Stars vs Kaizer Chiefs Charles Mopeli Stadium (SS4)
15:00 Tuks vs SSU Tuks Stadium
18:00 Amazulu vs Golden Arrows Moses Mabhida Stadium (SS4)
18:00 Wits vs Bloem Celtic Bidvest Stadium (SABC1)
20:15 Orlando Pirates vs Moroka Swallows (SS4 and SABC1)

Sunday
15:00 Mamelodi Sundowns vs Maritzburg United Lucas Moripe Stadium (SS4)
15:00 Black Leopards vs Chippa United Peter Mokaba Stadium (SABC1)

craigdoepie

Expert Member
SSU won convincingly, 3-0. Plenty of drama though. Benni talked himself into a red card, and saldy, Pirates 'supporters' ended up throwing stuff onto the field.

I'm happy that Supersport kicked Pirates's ass convincingly on top of it. Be as it may with Pirates only having 10 men.

JungleBoy

Executive Member
That's total bs! Good enough for promotion but after 2 games the chop? Bit short sighted. Not even a proper chance

Actually the guy that got them promoted was chopped just after. :twisted:
This Manqoba who has now been fired was hired just before the league started and they now want the old coach back. It's a total circus at Chippa.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Actually the guy that got them promoted was chopped just after. :twisted:
This Manqoba who has now been fired was hired just before the league started and they now want the old coach back. It's a total circus at Chippa.

Yeah, they look like they'll go down straight away.

Last night Ajax beat Platinum stars 4-1, in what was their first win of the season.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Last night's results:

University of Pretoria 0 - 0 SuperSport United
Free State Stars 0 - 0 Kaizer Chiefs
AmaZulu 0 - 0 Golden Arrows
Wits 2 - 0 Bloem Celtic
Orlando Pirates 0 - 3 Moroka Swallows

Pirates have now gone 4 matches without scoring a goal.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Sunday's results:

Mamelodi Sundowns 1 - 2 Maritzburg Utd
Black Leopards 0 - 0 Chippa United

After the Sundowns match, fans attempted to gain entry to the changing rooms. The police needed to be called in. They fans are calling for Pitso to replace Neeskans.

JungleBoy

Executive Member
Sunday's results:

Mamelodi Sundowns 1 - 2 Maritzburg Utd
Black Leopards 0 - 0 Chippa United

After the Sundowns match, fans attempted to gain entry to the changing rooms. The police needed to be called in. They fans are calling for Pitso to replace Neeskans.

Some journalist said two weeks ago that Pitso will replace Neeskens at Sundowns. At the time I thought he was smoking his socks. Now it looks more likely that this will happen. Neeskens looks to have lost his way after starting so well last season.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Palacios beats Neeskens, to the door:

KickOff.com has learnt that Orlando Pirates’ scheduled press conference today will be to announce the sacking of Augusto Palacios as head coach.

‘Njenje’ has been under fire after a horror run of form which has seen the Buccaneers winless – and goalless – in the last four matches.

It is understood that Palacios will return to his role as technical director of the youth development – and that former Bafana Bafana coach Pitso Mosimane could be named as his replacement.

That's 3 coaches fired in a little over one year!

Kickoff

JungleBoy

Executive Member
Palacios beats Neeskens, to the door:

That's 3 coaches fired in a little over one year!

Kickoff

Ouch...that's was long coming. 4 games not a single goal scored or game won.

BTW... I read that Roger de Sa is new Pirates coach. He won't last the whole season either.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Ouch...that's was long coming. 4 games not a single goal scored or game won.

BTW... I read that Roger de Sa is new Pirates coach. He won't last the whole season either.

Yes de Sa is the new Pirates coach. Soccer Laduma called it correctly, Kickoff was wrong with their Pitso announcement. I sometimes think that it's good Pirates and Chiefs don't use their money properly, otherwise the PSL would be like the SPL was, a two horse race.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
After the international break, it's back to PSL action:

Today:
20:00 Moroka Swallows v University of Pretoria Volkswagen Dobsonville Stadium (SuperSport 4)
20:00 Maritzburg Utd v Free State Stars Harry Gwala Stadium

Saturday:
15:00 Platinum Stars v Orlando Pirates Royal Ba***eng Stadium (SuperSport 4)
15:00 SuperSport United v AmaZulu Peter Mokaba Stadium (SABC 1)
18:00 Golden Arrows v Mamelodi Sundowns Moses Mabhida Stadium (SuperSport 4)
20:15 Kaizer Chiefs v Black Leopards Soccer City Complex (SuperSport 4 and SABC 1)

Sunday:
15:00 Bloem Celtic v Ajax Cape Town Free State Stadium (SABC 1)
15:00 Chippa United v Wits Athlone Stadium

Chippa have re-appointed Roger Sikhakhane as their coach:

Chippa United have confirmed that Roger Sikhakhane is back with the team as head coach and is expected to be on the bench when the team faces Bidvest Wits on Sunday.

Sikhakhane, who never left the payroll of the club, will be on the bench for the Absa Premiership clash against BidVest Wits on Sunday, having recovered from the ‘personal problems’ which saw him leave the club at the end of last season having led them to promotion.

Kickoff

Redeemed

Expert Member
"I think the mighty God intervened." - Black Leopards coach after their game against Kaizer Chiefs is abandoned in the 1st half following a hailstorm. Leopards were trailing 2-0. The game will now be replayed from scratch on Wednesday with the score at 0-0. :)

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
Yes, the PSL explained that the rules dictate that in the event that nature causes the match to be abandoned. They called it "Force majeure".

I just hope chiefs keep up the good start to the season. Leopards will probably go thank their sangoma even as they profess to thank god.

R13...

Honorary Master
I see downs lost. I wonder if they will finally hire that arrogant Pitso.

Redeemed

Expert Member
Something seriously wrong there, despite the hiring and firing of many coaches and players season after season. Maybe Natasha Tsichlas should return.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Yes, the PSL explained that the rules dictate that in the event that nature causes the match to be abandoned. They called it "Force majeure".

Yes, it's only when it's a man made problem, like flood lights failing, that the match continues from where it was.

Weekend results:

Maritzburg Utd 1 - 1 Free State Stars
Moroka Swallows 2 - 3 University of Pretoria
Golden Arrows 1 - 0 Mamelodi Sundowns
SuperSport United 3 - 0 AmaZulu
Platinum Stars 0 - 1 Orlando Pirates
Bloem Celtic 2 - 1 Ajax Cape Town
Chippa United 1 - 1 Wits

While the NFD continues to be in chaos, this is my favourite news of the week:
Meanwhile, Malabela announced his team has regained its NFD status, after Bay United were found guilty by the SA Football Association appeal board for using improperly registered players.

United were docked five points after it was established the players in question were fielded in a number of league matches.

Dynamos finished the year in second-last place.

News24

That means that Bay United, a PSL team in 2008-09, will now be playing in the 3rd tier, provincal league. The team was moved from PE to Limpopo in the 2011-12 season.

I hope that the team rots in the cesspool that is the Limpopo provincial league! It serves you right Mogaladi family, you stole PE's team! You can all go to hell!

Last edited: