i.got~issues

Expert Member
Just weird when taking this into account;

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/107458-best-adsl-isp-in-south-africa-surprise-result.html

Over the last three years, Afrihost has dominated the MyBroadband surveys. However, the company’s lacklustre ‘value for money’ and ‘network quality’ scores saw them drop to third behind Vox Telecom and Web Africa in the latest results.

While surprising to see Afrihost drop to number 3, the result is not completely unexpected. Vox Telecom has steadily been climbing up the ISP rankings after it launched its Fatpipe service, which offers high quality bandwidth at an affordable rate.

But, as the AH PR team constantly remind us, their pure awesome internet joy[SUP]TM [/SUP]is only not experienced by a few, in certain areas and at certain times or during iOS updates.

I cannot help but ponder just how bad must bad be before clients are allowed to close the hymnbook and stop clapping or waving their arms in ecstatic adoration?

Last edited:

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Let's be fair. A lot of users have had a good experience with them, and are on their capped products which tended to have less problems and are reasonably priced

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
Congratulations to all the winners! Make us proud again over the next year. ;)

Necuno

Court Jester
We'll be pushing more than ever :D

More competitions like this one :D

MyBroadband Survey Draw
October 2011

In October 2011, Afrihost was voted the ISP of The Year 2011. As part of this survey, we held a lucky draw for everyone who completed the MyBroadband Survey. A Black 16GB Wi-Fi iPad2 was won by Leonard Mommen.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
More competitions like this one :D

Haha, I'm really not sure what kind of reaction you're looking for... dredging up something that's nearly 5 years old o.0
Edit: And on this day in history.... :p

Last edited:

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
You guys don't deserve the Best ISP award, to be honest.

Each to their own I guess, I think what counts is that our team has done a lot of really amazing things this year.
The last month or so hasn't been great though, and we know that.

F

Fudzy

The survey was mailed to forum subscribers. Duplication is possible but probably unlikely.

Not sure how that would be controlled but anyway as it was previously mentioned they were ranked 3rd in the survey. I must admit their website and client zone system leaves me in awe in terms of UX and presentation. A real crack team of designers and coders, that does not make up for connectivity issues etc

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Congrats to Afrihost. I'm on their capped account and I'm vey happy with their service.

I just hope they make their "Double Data" promotion permanent.

iBite

Haha, I'm really not sure what kind of reaction you're looking for... dredging up something that's nearly 5 years old o.0
Edit: And on this day in history.... :p

Don't you just hate it when idiots try to bait you into saying something so they can find a technicality on which to give you crap about. Now where did I see this before on the internet... *thinking, thinking*... oh, now I remember... this is like the religion posts that starts with "ooh, look... a cure cat picture"... then somebody posts "who made the cat?"... then the response (pick one) comes through "Well off course [God made it / Evolution from 65 million years ago]"... and then, suddenly... posts and war and binary phanom, everywhere!

Congratulations Necuno on winning the award for making your fifty two thousand and thirty first douche post. [watch this space, he/she/it] is likely going to post something back to me - probably some bait (wait, I said this before). Good thing I don't give a ****.

Also, not as amazing as Necuno's post, but congratulations Afrihost. You had great times and crap times this year, really got pissed with some of the things but each time you guys showed that you tried your best to sort it out.

If I may give a suggestion, perhaps you should contact the guys hate-posting on the forum... you could hire them, and they'll make your company so awesome that your poo won't even stink. Really, I mean just read what they're saying - these people clearly know what they're talking about.

AthenianOwl

Executive Member
Don't you just hate it when idiots try to bait you into saying something so they can find a technicality on which to give you crap about. Now where did I see this before on the internet... *thinking, thinking*... oh, now I remember... this is like the religion posts that starts with "ooh, look... a cure cat picture"... then somebody posts "who made the cat?"... then the response (pick one) comes through "Well off course [God made it / Evolution from 65 million years ago]"... and then, suddenly... posts and war and binary phanom, everywhere!

Congratulations Necuno on winning the award for making your fifty two thousand and thirty first douche post. [watch this space, he/she/it] is likely going to post something back to me - probably some bait (wait, I said this before). Good thing I don't give a ****.

Also, not as amazing as Necuno's post, but congratulations Afrihost. You had great times and crap times this year, really got pissed with some of the things but each time you guys showed that you tried your best to sort it out.

If I may give a suggestion, perhaps you should contact the guys hate-posting on the forum... you could hire them, and they'll make your company so awesome that your poo won't even stink. Really, I mean just read what they're saying - these people clearly know what they're talking about.

didnt-read-lol-chicken.gif

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
In order not to mislead their readers who may be in the market for an ISP, MyBroadband should urgently put out an article on Afrihost's woeful performance since the MyBB survey was taken. They can pick any and all of the Afrihost's threads in the ISP section as a starting point for their article, or just pop over to Afrihost's website and check out their DSL network status.