The 2018 Rugby Championship

MirageF1

Executive Member
At least we have weathered the seemingly endless no try drought that plagued us for the last few years...
we now regularly scoring upwards of 3-5 tries per game and against some strong opposition to boot.

Defensively, and more specifically on the try line with their big forwards , it's hard to beat the Boks.
When they are working together, they're formidable to break through as has been proven of late.

And then there's our rolling maul....best in the world IMO.

All of course...on a v good day.

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Meh. Too much kick and chase. It is the worst game plan.
Our temporary high will just end in tears and complaining again.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Damian de Allende looks set to resume his role at 12 against the AB's but the chances of Warren Whiteley starting are still 50/50. He is being assessed this week. Personally I wouldn't risk him. Let him recover fully before the EoYT...

Rabobi

Executive Member
Damian de Allende looks set to resume his role at 12 against the AB's but the chances of Warren Whiteley starting are still 50/50. He is being assessed this week. Personally I wouldn't risk him. Let him recover fully before the EoYT...
Screw end of year. This is the All Blacks

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
OT:

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...acle-in-brighton-to-be-turned-into-movie.html

Rugby: Japan's miracle in Brighton to be turned into movie
Japan's famous win over South Africa at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, regarded by many as one of the greatest sporting upsets of all time, is to be turned into a movie with an international all-star cast, the film's creator told Kyodo News.

Award-winning Australian writer and director Max Mannix said Tuesday that while there were still a few logistical issues to sort out, filming of the movie tentatively titled "The Brighton Miracle" will commence in January on Australia's Gold Coast.
Can't wait to see the reviews in the Mini-review thread :ROFL:

DanDango

Executive Member
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Rug...ck-inexperienced-centre-for-bok-test-20181004

New Zealand

15 Ben Smith, 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Jack Goodhue, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Rieko Ioane, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read (captain), 7 Sam Cane, 6 Shannon Frizell, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Sam Whitelock, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Karl Tu'inukuafe

Substitutes: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Tim Perry, 18 Ofa Tu'ungafasi, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Ardie Savea, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Richie Mo'unga, 23 Ryan Crotty

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Ugh, that is a potent looking backline. To add to our woes, we've never beaten the AB's at Loftus post isolation. Couple this with their fervent desire to exact some revenge for the Wellington upset, and I think we're going to come crashing back down to earth on Saturday. Still, I remain hopeful...

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Team to face the AB's on Saturday

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Francois de Klerk, 8 Francois Louw, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff.

Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Rudolph Snyman, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Damian Willemse.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Ugh, that is a potent looking backline. To add to our woes, we've never beaten the AB's at Loftus post isolation. Couple this with their fervent desire to exact some revenge for the Wellington upset, and I think we're going to come crashing back down to earth on Saturday. Still, I remain hopeful...
The kicking will tell. The allblacks to score a try for every up-and-under we give them.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
pathetic grandiose behavior typical of africa ......

OT - kiwi's seem rattled AF huh :D