The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup Thread

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
What happens if Bangladesh beats WI?

We need the top 4 to be India, Aus, Eng, SA right?

What about NZ?
Just shows how tough it is for us now. At least we've still got it in our own hands to beat Aus and NZ but that's about it. I suspect the top 4 will be those you mentioned minus us and NZ in our place instead.

Dan C

Honorary Master
India vs Pakistan, Match 22

Pakistan opt to bowl

India
Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli(c), Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah

Pakistan
Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfaraz Ahmed(w/c), Shoaib Malik, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
If he tried to whack it, and got out people would have slated him off more.

I have issue with him when he doesn't stay in, because that's what his role is. Because the rest of the team has been collapsing in wonderful fashion
So his role is to score at half a run a ball against the weakest team in the world, and everyone should be ecstatic?

Its actually more worrying because we know he's still horribly out of form going into the next game, where there's uncertainty of whether to play him or not, based on his "solid" 40.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
So his role is to score at half a run a ball against the weakest team in the world, and everyone should be ecstatic?

Its actually more worrying because we know he's still horribly out of form going into the next game, where there's uncertainty of whether to play him or not, based on his "solid" 40.
Like it or not, he secured the win.

And I don't think he should be in the team on current form. But couldn't fault him for his performance yesterday

AirWolf

Honorary Master
It's a real problem that they mix up the batting order each time.
It's a problem when they do, or when they don't. Can't please everyone all the time.

Regarding Amla: once a great, out of form now. Don't mind the slow innings yesterday. If it helps him get in and play a match winning innings later in the cup, all good.
He's retiring anyway, so there's that.

krycor

Honorary Master
This is a big game.. but I reckon India will easily win. Pakistanis are too unstable and unlike Aus, the Indian team seems like a solid performance thus far. Only way to make them struggle is getting top 3-5 wickets cheaply which is unlikely