The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup Thread

Pitbull

Verboten
On what are you judging up??

They have been nr one in odi and test cricket on more then a few occasions.

If you are only going to judge on a wc then sure but cricket is more then just one tournament...
I don't see how you can count yourself as no1 ever if you can't get the silverware that matters. But that's just me.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
They have dropped two matches they should have won easy. They Choked this WC just like every other one they played :D
You obviously havent been watching SA cricket much recently. They have been terribad for a while now and there were little to no expectations of them doing well in this World Cup.

theratman

Executive Member
Spinners doing a fine job of keeping us contained. Next 10 overs are crucial.

stefan9

Executive Member
I don't see how you can count yourself as no1 ever if you can't get the silverware that matters. But that's just me.
99.9% of great cricketers will tell you that being nr one in test cricket is the greatest achievement in the sport.Kohli talks about his test record way more highly then he does about his odi stats.

Yes the proteas have never at wc but that doesn't make their other achievements meaningless...

R13...

Honorary Master
The team just needs that first win and they'll start believing in themselves. Hope it's today.

Pitbull

Verboten
99.9% of great cricketers will tell you that being nr one in test cricket is the greatest achievement in the sport.Kohli talks about his test record way more highly then he does about his odi stats.

Yes the proteas have never at wc but that doesn't make their other achievements meaningless...
They still play 5 day tests? /yawn

GoofySmurf

I am glad the SA "Quota" team are doing great in the WC.

AB was right to leave at the time he probably saw this coming from all the politics in the background and tapped out.

stefan9

Executive Member
I am glad the SA "Quota" team are doing great in the WC.

AB was right to leave at the time he probably saw this coming from all the politics in the background and tapped out.
Name these so called quota players...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Atleast we stopped losing wickets still only scoring at a rate of 4.12 per over
Not a single in-form batsmen after these two., so right now they are doing exactly what they need to do. Get to 30+ overs with 130ish runs on the board and then you can start knocking it about.

EDIT: Aaaaand its gone.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Chahal to van der Dussen, THAT'S OUT!! Bowled!!
Chahal to du Plessis, THAT'S OUT!! Bowled!!