The 27 South African websites with over 1 million browsers per month

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
The 27 South African websites with over 1 million browsers per month

Narratiive has released its website traffic statistics for July 2018, which show that News24 remained at the top spot of the South African online publisher rankings.

Narratiive, formerly known as Effective Measure, is the official traffic measurement partner of the IAB South Africa and provides accurate traffic and demographics statistics for SA’s top websites.

Pixual

Expert Member
When companies use the term "unique browsers per month" they are being disingenuous. It's simply not true.

If I visit a website 8 times in a month those visits (sessions) get counted as 8 unique browsers. I'm the same guy, so I am only 1 unique browser. Google are guilty of this metric with their analytics, so are a bunch of other session counters.

Pixelbender

Funny how all these sites are stuff to buy from and entertainment. Job search sites, entrepreneurial sites doesnt feature often.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
If I visit a website 8 times in a month those visits (sessions) get counted as 8 unique browsers. I'm the same guy, so I am only 1 unique browser. Google are guilty of this metric with their analytics, so are a bunch of other session counters.
Not so. If you visit a site from the same browser 8 times, it is still only 1 unique browser. If you, however, visit it from different browsers on different devices, they are counted as unique browsers.

Pixual

Expert Member
Not so. If you visit a site from the same browser 8 times, it is still only 1 unique browser. If you, however, visit it from different browsers on different devices, they are counted as unique browsers.
Sorry, respectfully I disagree. In my previous working life I was a data analyst working in marketing using a variety of tools to gauge various things. In my private capacity I have conducted my own tests on Google analytics using small volume sites and they are definitely counting repeat visits from the same browser/device as unique visitors. AWstats does the same thing, so I take all analytics with a large pinch of salt.

This practise has been going on since I started looking into it in 2006. The numbers in this article bear that out. Consider the population of SA vs the metrics they are using here. It doesn't add up.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Out of interest, how do they know you are/aren't using the same browser?

Toxic T

Internet explorer (edge) is alive and well.
:crylaugh:

One of the biggest losers over the last year has been MSN, which dropped from 5th in 2017 to 10th in the latest rankings.

But more people seem to be moving over to Chrome.

LOTR

Vodacom Vlive 2,657,993 19,323,675

Guess that's the amount of people unsubscribing from irregular WASP subs